The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12..17..22..27..32..36~37~38 [Next]
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2016, Crave wrote:
I really love this Watch, it's awesome. And also I really wanted to back on one but the 140$ shipping to germany makes me really think about it. I mean the Watch is totally worth it, but there must be cheaper ways of getting it shipped.

Same here. I'm from Germany too. Just wait until a magic dealer from here gets them. Even if you have to pay the full price, you will be still cheaper than paying 140$ for shipping plus 20-25% taxes. So you will still pay less if you just wait Smile
Formless
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Formless
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2016, Matman wrote:
I wonder if SansMinds would offer a trade-in for us Vapr users?

highly unlikely. never seen any trade-in for magic products before and it is a bad business model.
Michael Mindreader
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Michael Mindreader
Collector's package. Done. I am not usually magic but the impression thing in the trailer really speaks to me. Nice watch between!
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
When will these start shipping for the first 300? How can someone tell if they are in the first 300?

Thanks

ACE
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Magicians, we need your help!

Over the course of 4 years, we have put everything we could afford into developing the technology required to make VAPR Watch happen. We already have parts and everything ready to go, but we were unfortunately forced to stop the production at the last assembling stage due to a financial shortage.

Creating collectible watches is a huge business, but magic is not; hence what it takes to produce collectible watches is something we have never expected. We want to make this happen for you and we need your help to bring this into mass production.

Together we can bring VAPR Watch to life. Reading this not meny are made. Sounds like they need you money to make them.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2016, LoganPorterMagic wrote:
After reading the email I have to say, WOW! What a pleasant surprise!!! Will you guys are amazing. I am so glad I supported the project. It's looking amazing already. Really look forward for the next video update.

Ustaad, I am a 'Commoner' and not only I am very hyped I am very happy with the purchase as well. They are pretty much giving it away to people who support their blind event for free. I got to buy it at a lower rate and they are sending products of equal value ON TOP of my purchase. How many magic companies does that? It's not wrong to create hyped and be hyped. From what I saw in the video, it's that good!

"Giving it away?" Hmmm...wow, I'm really restraining myself now...sure seems to be a lot of new users on here praising this watch...given Sansminds last history, weak warranty and overly expensive shipping, will have to pass on this one...
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
I am choked that I didn't get the blind deal too. Only if I knew..
If there’s one thing I think Sansmind is doing better than anyone else in magic, it’d be their taste. Money is so tight after Christmas. I want the black..
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
And I stay with my the Lynx Smoke Watch:)
Crave
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Crave
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2016, GAMJoker wrote:
Quote:
I really love this Watch, it's awesome. And also I really wanted to back on one but the 140$ shipping to germany makes me really think about it. I mean the Watch is totally worth it, but there must be cheaper ways of getting it shipped.

Same here. I'm from Germany too. Just wait until a magic dealer from here gets them. Even if you have to pay the full price, you will be still cheaper than paying 140$ for shipping plus 20-25% taxes. So you will still pay less if you just wait Smile

Not quite sure if this is ever going to happen. I've had parcels shipped from Canada and the US for around 50$ with 500 $ insurance. If these will make it to retail here, they will be around 500€ and however this is by far the best smoke device I've ever seen, to me this would not be worth what I would get from it. Another Idea might be, if there are other guys from germany willing to buy it, we could share the cost. Not sure if that would work out.
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2016, Crave wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2016, GAMJoker wrote:
Quote:

Not quite sure if this is ever going to happen. I've had parcels shipped from Canada and the US for around 50$ with 500 $ insurance. If these will make it to retail here, they will be around 500€ and however this is by far the best smoke device I've ever seen, to me this would not be worth what I would get from it. Another Idea might be, if there are other guys from germany willing to buy it, we could share the cost. Not sure if that would work out.

Well it would be still interesting to see how much it will cost here once some german magic deaers have them... I mean the Lynx Smoke watch also just costs 20-30€ more than from all the US-sellers, but there you don't have to pay the shipping costs (140$ in this case) neither the taxes (19% VAT + some % processing fee from the customs, so let's say 25%. If you take the watch for 250$ + 100$ for warranty + 140$ shipping, 25% would be ~125$). So for everything below 615$, you would still pay less... and I just don't think that they will sell them for more than 615$ here in Germany.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
It's absurd ,why don,t sansminds just put the total price they want for it instead of adding all the little extras on top of the price of the watch
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2016, Acecardician wrote:
When will these start shipping for the first 300? How can someone tell if they are in the first 300?

Thanks

ACE

I'd like to know this as well. When I ordered the launching package a couple of days ago it made it sound like it would ship immediately.
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hello folks, today is a crazy day for me so I am not able to go back and respond to all messages. Just answering a couple ones I see on this page.

First, thanks for all the love and supports.

For those who wonder if they made it to the first 300, I believe the status update is going out today via email.

For those who are waiting for Vapr Watch to go to the dealer, the Vapr Watch will only be available via SansMinds. If you live in areas where shipping is very costly, it's a great idea to gather a few close by friends and group purchase. The shipping will go down dramatically after the split.

gassaox :: We are trying to keep it affordable for everyone out there. We don't add extras on things. Delivery is what we are being charged from the carrier. If we were to put a total inclusive price, you'd be paying the same but people who are closer to us will be paying more..

Hope this answers a few questions folks. Have a great one Smile

-will
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Super quick announcement. Vapr Watch feature story made it to the latest issue of Vanish Magazine. If you are interested in knowing some behind the scene stuff about Vapr Watch, definitely check it out. Some other super awesome articles and stories in this issue too.

Vanish Magazine

---
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Can the smoke be activated manually (on the watch) without the remote? Or is it strictly remote activated?
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
PendletonThe3rd, I was told just through the remote, which does have it's perks in my opinion, but I won't get into that! I will hopefully be one of the ones to get their watch soon, and will throw on a review as soon as I get it!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Thanks Cody!

I was hoping for a non remote option too but both have their perks indeed.
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hello PendletonThe3rd and codydavismagic, Vapr Watch is triggered with remote so the activation and duration is under your full control. This allows various routines/uses to be blended in and you have full control of how long and much smoke you want for the particular effect. As well as the ability to stop the smoke whenever dealing with unexpected situation (grabby hand, curious kid, drunk guy in a party, etc.)
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Will: Don't over-insure packages with UPS.

I can let you know from experience that UPS will only pay a claim for what the buyer actually spent on the package. For example if someone spent $250 on a watch, UPS will only pay a claim for and up to $250. Even if you insure it for more, they will only pay what the buyer actually paid for the item.

If you insured it for $1000 I would have to prove I paid $1000 for it to get a $1000 refund. That will not happen with UPS and you need POSITIVE PROOF of what was paid.

I bought a one of a kind $300 painting on ebay for the low bid of $35. It was insured for $300. It arrived damaged. UPS would only pay back the $35 minus shipping.

It might save everyone money on shipping if you insure the watches for the actual purchase price.

Unless UPS charges you the same price for $1000 of insurance as $250 of insurance.

Hope this helps.

ACE
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
It is odd to see insurance up to 1000 USD when the watch costs only 250 USD. I mean if something happens to the watch in transit, does that mean I will be paid 1000 USD??? If so, then maybe hope UPS messes up and we get the watch for free Smile

On a serious note, I am with Ace and the insurance is only driving up the price when we I am sure many will be around the 500 USD mark. Still, if the price at 500 USD insurance is the same as 1000, no worries. Otherwise, it would help many to place the order with a slightly reduced shipping price.

I am really looking forward to VAPR Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12..17..22..27..32..36~37~38 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL