The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Plastic Bill Magic? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
I was curious how much our Canadian Magicians use bill magic? Some tricks you can do, but there are certain tricks which pertain to making gimmicks which would not really go so well with a plastic bill, as they would with paper bills. Or do you feel you can do the same with plastic bills as well?
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you read a lot of the posts here on the café, you should note, that the plastic bills do present Canada, and other countries that have changed to plastic, presents a problem for them.

In this International World Economy, there is nothing wrong with using paper money from another country. Just make a story up why you still have only one U.S. dollar after your trip. In other words make up a fictitious story.

I bet you could even borrow U.S. currency in a large group. So many travel back and forth, when I worked at Sears years ago, I met a lot of Canadians all they down to Indiana to go shopping.
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
58 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
The plastic bills are not going away any time soon, but the biggest issue of using a foreign currency is that it draws suspicion, and questions as to why, and then they want you to perform the trick with their bill.
I perform Ignition with plastic money and claim the plastic seals itself. Also if pre-folded tightly, I've used them in combination with USD bills for the Mobius Switch, which was tricky due to the transparent windows. I'm going to try them with Breach and figure if I iron the fold they should work fine. Certainly been a major hit to a lot of existing tricks, but, I suppose, its adapt or die.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
One new release hitting the dealers soon is Invisibill by the Cafés own Josh Janousky which actually works better with plastic money supposedly so definitely worth checking out .....i couldn't resist pre-ordering it and I never pre-order anything Smile
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
That is a good point, making up a story and using alternative paper currency. I have family members who regularly carry US currency on them so I guess it is not as odd as I'm making it out to be. Using currency others may not have seen before probably does raise some suspicion, and being able to use borrowed money may have a strong effect on your spectators. Do report back and let us know how you do with Breach.

Invisible looks like a fun effect, it doesn't seem like it would be difficult to replicate without his tutorial, but I'm sure he has good points on presentation in there. Just watching his teaser has me thinking. It would probably be a much stronger effect with Canadian currency, seeing it is plastic and so is his gimmick. I may keep it bookmarked and consider getting it later on.
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
ThSecret although I don't have this yet so can't be 100% any magic that happens in the spectators hands is very strong and hard to beat at least that's been my experience with other effects.
SoyMilky
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of SoyMilky
I am so glad somebody brought this up, a lot of money trick like Sansmind Imprint doesn't work on plastic bills cause you cannot print on plastic bills.
The bills wouldn't "eat" the ink.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Plastic Bill Magic? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL