The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks with only one card marked (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

minuscule
View Profile
New user
France
27 Posts

Profile of minuscule
Hello everybody,

I recently became aware that using only a marked card allows me to do my tricks using a key card in better conditions. I would like to go further on this concept. Would you have references to bones routines using only a marked map?

Thanks all,
Minus
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
524 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Minus,

I like this idea. If you utilize a double backer/marked card I like the possibilities. I look forward to hearing what develops.
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
macc
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of macc
I suggest looking into Martin Nash´s "Infinity & Beyond".
Instead of a marked card he uses a breather crimp and the effects on the dvd are very strong.
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1472 Posts

Profile of Cain
I recall falling in love with the idea of repositioning a marked crimped card so it's adjacent to the selection, which meant I wouldn't have to hold breaks and could delay the control. Super deceptive. I'm sure Martin Nash has a bunch of suggestions along those lines (and some more sophisticated) in the video you mention. In "Dead Reckoning," John Bannon floats a keycard half the deck away from the selection.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1247 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2016, minuscule wrote:
Hello everybody,

I recently became aware that using only a marked card allows me to do my tricks using a key card in better conditions. I would like to go further on this concept. Would you have references to bones routines using only a marked map?

Thanks all,
Minus

PM me and I will discuss my signed card routine using the key card principle with you.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California (East Bay Area)
124 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Ryan Schlutz has many tricks with one marked card.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5458 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Randy Wakeman Presents contains an excellent one.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
2893 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2017, adiabaticman wrote:
Ryan Schlutz has many tricks with one marked card.

Including last weeks TNT episode of Reel Magic
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
Wouldn't a single crimp card or short card be more helpful? Not only does it do the same as a key card, you can also find it without having to look at the deck
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5458 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2017, MrEmagic wrote:
Wouldn't a single crimp card or short card be more helpful? Not only does it do the same as a key card, you can also find it without having to look at the deck

Sometimes Yes, sometimes no.
federico luduena
View Profile
Regular user
Buenos Aires, ARG
167 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
"Weight", by Alex Elmsley. A simple and very clever use of a single marked card. The Collected Works of Alex Elmsley, volume 1, p366.
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
147 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Asi Wind has a great trick called "Somebody Stop Me" in his Chapter One notes that uses only 1 marked card as a floating key
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1921 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
It was mentioned above that Ryan Schlutz had one m*rked card work. Can someone point me to the relevant resources for this, please? Smile I it on his DVDs or in his books?
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Ryan Schlutz's work can be found at Effortless Effect, he name it Gap principle
It's probably one of the best idea out there, I've used it extensively in my mem deck works
especially if my deck end up getting shuffle.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1921 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Cheers Morris Smile
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
People will poo poo this post but the Mark Wilson Course in Magic has a whole section on the key card principal. Basic yes. Effective absolutely.
To hate those who hate is righteous.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks with only one card marked (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL