The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BLACKPOOL 2017 NEW UP AND COMING RELEASES (69 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..16~17~18 [Next]
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Www.tadaa.co.uk has announced DropJaw set to be released at Blackpool
http://www.tadaa.co.uk/blog/read_167081/up-and-coming.html

Up and coming

Posted on 11:19pm Saturday 14th Jan 2017
2016 was a great year for Tadaa Magic with the releases. 2017 is set to be an even more exciting year for me and Tadaa Magic. I have many exciting projects in the pipeline. My latest effect, DropJaw is set to be released for Blackpool 2017 and will be available to pick up from the Warped Magic stand or right here at tadaa.co.uk, do not miss this. It is the most impossible card to location available. The trailer will be released prior to Blackpool and you will know exactly what you will be heading for. Thanks for tuning in, more news to follow soon.

Joel.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
We (Penguin) are releasing an AWESOME new trick on the stall at Blackpool - I'll throw some details and a video here as soon as I can. It's not to be missed though, if you're at the convention, try and swing by one of our stands!
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2017, Karl M wrote:
Thanks mate,glad to be back are you goign to blackpool then?

Where have you been Karl?
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, John Carey wrote:
Hi Guys

On my stand I will have my new book the Carey Files, a new DVD on coin magic with special coins supplied, a DVD on moves, a new DVD on semi automatic card magic plus a couple of packet effects I really think you will like! I'm lecturing at 10am on the Thursday. I look forward to meeting lots of you!

Have a great day

John

AH no way, I'm not getting there until Friday. Gutted I'm missing your lecture!
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
Similar but slightly different question on blackpool. Who are the lecturers that you are looking forward to seeing?
Mine are:
Paul Wilson
The other brothers
kostya kimlat
John Carey (although I will miss him)
Dani Da ortiz
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Angelo Carbone is a genius!!
This Blackpool he will give us all THE GIFT we will never forget!

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
For those with experience of going [Karl especially] - what are the prices like on the stands?

1. Are they all TSP but it's just loads of new stuff and you can see them demoed [so good if you don't live near a B&M magic shop]

2. Or is stuff sold at better than usual prices?

3. Or maybe - if you go on the last day, are there discounts on the stuff that didn't sell well?

Anyone who has expereince I would love to know
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2017, pancho247 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2017, Karl M wrote:
Thanks mate,glad to be back are you goign to blackpool then?

Where have you been Karl?

Hi mate,don't really want to go in to it much in detail but Im ok thanks
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2017, The Duster wrote:
For those with experience of going [Karl especially] - what are the prices like on the stands?

1. Are they all TSP but it's just loads of new stuff and you can see them demoed [so good if you don't live near a B&M magic shop]

3. Or maybe - if you go on the last day, are there discounts on the stuff that didn't sell well?

the prices are what you pay in the shop mostly but there are some package deals what is good,like BBM and Vanishing inc, and I did loads of hagling and got some brilliant deals especially on the last day in the afternoon,if you don't ask you don't get if you know what I mean lol
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2017, Karl M wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2017, The Duster wrote:

the prices are what you pay in the shop mostly but there are some package deals what is good,like BBM and Vanishing inc, and I did loads of hagling and got some brilliant deals especially on the last day in the afternoon,if you don't ask you don't get if you know what I mean lol

Ahh - good stuff

Thanks
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My experience of going for the last 17 years consecutively is it's pretty much 1 and 2 in answer to the The Duster . Probably 3 but I rarely haggle unless buying something very expensive but have found they usually are already on Blackpool special prices like £50 off expensive £500 items so 10% 😊 . What you will see are some great dems or great new effects but particuarly dealers who don't necessarily have websites etc and are not main stream so you get some amazing new original things that are not readily available online .
If you get the chance to go you won't regret it Tarik 😊
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I agree with Tarik but I would add to set yourself a budget and go with some idea of what you want. The real bargains are to be had a week after Blackpool where everyone is selling off the tat they bought at Blackpool that they never really needed in the first place. Sure you will see new stuff and you will see old stuff you never knew existed from dealers you never knew existed.

I treat the dealers hall as a bonus. I know what I need and have a pretty good idea who has it. I might treat myself to a few toys if I can see that I will use them and the price is right. For me the real value at Blackpool is the Ruskin, hanging out with old friends, meeting new ones and sharing a love of magic with some awesome people. You will learn a lot in the Ruskin, will possibly get to spend some time up close and personal with one or more of your heroes and will see magic from the truly ridiculous all the way to the absolutely sublime and alcohol induced memory loss not withstanding will come away with some great memories.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Wayne Dobson is releasing a new effect:
http://dtrik.com/index.php/product/a-b-c-by-wayne-dobson/
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2017, TuneHV wrote:

Looks really good. Although I'm sceptical as to the exam ability of the coin(s) when in the specs hands. I wonder if they're magnetic?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I sentiment Marks post , I normally take a list of what I am after which are often refills of things I use regularly . I also then have a look and make notes of effects that I think I may use or I like the look of and unless they were on my original list and will sell out on day one I try to buy nothing that first day . After sleeping on it and giving it some thought if not too hungover from the Ruskin I find most of the list gets then dismissed apart from the refill items and then I buy normally the refills on day 2 and anything else on the last day depending on the length of the convention and if it's still on the list which is a day longer this year . The budget is a must as in my early years I got carried away without one and that's easy to do particularly if you haven't been at all or only a few times before . Mark is right you can often learn some amazing ideas and effects in the Ruskin alone but remembering them is the hard bit . You will certainly meet some wonderful people and catch up with your friends too . Best wishes Tarik 😊
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
I'm going to Blackpool on my own, never been to the Ruskin. Might come along and meet some new people

So if you see someone hanging around trying to listen in and watch an effect, might be me! 😀👍
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:

I wonder if you can perform the standard CSB with these coins also ?
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2017, warren wrote:
Quote:

I wonder if you can perform the standard CSB with these coins also ?

I don't think so. It looks more like a coin unique but I'm just guessing.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I would be interested to know if any of the top coin gaff maker's are going to be there as when I looked at the dealers list I didn't spot any ?
danskefogden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
Mark Mason have 4 new effects for Blackpool
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BLACKPOOL 2017 NEW UP AND COMING RELEASES (69 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..16~17~18 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL