The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » From Bob Cassidy (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
Bob,

I only met you briefly at a lecture in New Jersey a few years ago, but like many others, your writings have taught me so much about the history and performance of the art of Mentalism, and you've had a huge impact on my thinking and creativity. Thank you.

Good thoughts to you, Master.

Peace, Love, and Respect,

Fred
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Just pure positive thoughts and blessings for you dear Bob.
Keep your mind busy with masterful ideas that the community still needs you and loves you!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Great to see you again Bob!

Our minds are much more powerful than we know. Best of wishes and thoughts, be well.
We're looking forward to hear more from you.

Cheers,

Max Hazy
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Hi Bob, my friend, my mentor, my advisor and my idol:

I've refrained from posting anything, yielding to the desire of the writer in me to choose the perfect words and place them in the perfect order so as to capture and reproduce all the many things that sound so powerful in my mind. But it's a fool's pursuit, and I can delay no longer.

Check out. Those are good words, not to describe what each of us will eventually do, but rather to refer to the fact that as long as mentalism lives, those who practice it will check out and learn from Bob Cassidy. When I thanked you in The Zodiac Deception, I called you the Dean of Mentalists. In the next novel, I'm changing that to an Immortal of Mentalism and I fully expect you to be around so you can chew me out and kick me in the keister for embarrassing you.

Everyone has thrown wonderful thoughts into the pot. Well, I see them and raise them one.

More then I thought I could muster right now and more to come. Until then

My best as always and blessings,
gary
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Good luck with everything Bob. You are the man.
January
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of January
Grace and peace to you, Bob. Thank you for all your wonderful contributions to mentalism. You have left an indelible mark! I hope you continue shaping and shifting this wonderful art.
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Don't go easy Bob.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
rev_marcus
View Profile
New user
Just getting started with
95 Posts

Profile of rev_marcus
Best wishes Bob
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
It's been an honor and a privilege to read your thoughts and be one of the many who has been influenced by your limitless wisdom.
You have no idea who I am but it is your posts that made me do a complete 180 and see mentalism in a completely different light. Thanks for taking the time and being exactly who you are.
Best of luck, wishing you all the peace and strength in the world.
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, mastermindreader wrote:
....As I prepare to check out...

There are things more important than "the business".

Spend your valuable time wisely.

I wish you strength!

Frank
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
156 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Dear Bob, a big big hug from Italy.
You're the Master

Love
Matteo Filippini
Jacene
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jacene
Just saw this post....
It was SO GREAT to hear your voice tonight, Bob! So glad I called.
Keep fighting.
HUGS to you!
Jacene Smile
Jacene Dickson
2016 AFV Winner "Befuddled Baboon"
www.mindmystique.ca
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I'm sorry to hear you're ill Bob. I'm praying for you. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing!

Theodore-
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I am sure that bob would agree with Samuel Clemens:

It has been reported that I was seriously ill--it was another man; dying--it was another man;

bob, thanks for the contributions you have made to mentalism and just being a lively mentalist!!!
GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
Hi Bob, it's great to see you post, even if the message is one none of us want to hear. Yes, life has a way of defining what's important to us. And we each have to find that for ourselves.

But, as you can see by the comments above, none of your time here has been unimportant from our perspective. Your post to start this thread was #12,590. No doubt some of those posts dealt with "fights and name calling," but more importantly, they all shared your life with the rest of us. You've given us your insights, wisdom, direction, and encouragement. Sometimes a collective and much needed kick in the butt to keep our art form moving in the right direction. That's 12,590 times you've reached out and made us better.

We've met and talked a few times at MindVention, and we've traded a few posts back and forth here on the café. But I mostly consider myself one of the silent majority of people that you touch without ever knowing it. Through this site, your books, your recordings, your videos -- you've taught so many of us so much. From all of us, thank you.

Bob, we'd all love to see another 12,590 posts from you in the future, but whether you do or don't, please know how much we appreciate, respect and love you for being the teacher, mentor and mentalism guru who has helped define and shape mentalism today. You have directly influenced a generation of performers and enthusiasts, and you will continue to do the same for generations to come.

God bless and best wishes.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Bob, you are a hero for me obviously. You honored me by trying some of the effects out that I had created yourself, and you encouraged me to put my name on my book 777. You have also challenged me on this board a few times, and your posts have taught us all. I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me and us in giving us so much of your time....I wish you healing and comfort and a string of good laughs and thoughts in the months ahead.

Robert
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Thanks, Bob for all you have taught...for all the books and videos, posts and PMs.

You continue to be in my good thoughts and prayers.
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Love ya BOB!

Nathan
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Bob,

Without even knowing me you sent a very helpful reading list to help me on my way. I know you've helped many others here as well.

All the best in your journey.

-Mary
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Bob, you have changed my views in mentalism sustainably and continue to do so! There are things in life which are way more important than the usual struggles in forums. I always wondered how you could find the strength and energy to join us here so frequently, thank you for being with us...and if you can cancel your "future obligations" for a while and stay a bit longer...that would be great!! Thanks for being you!
Eric
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » From Bob Cassidy (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL