The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Convention magic trick handout (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bohacek
View Profile
New user
Haymarket VA
4 Posts

Profile of Bohacek
At the Washington DC convention a few years ago, a packet trick was distributed to all attendees. I got it out the other day, but can't seem to make it work. You have two packs of cards consisting of 6 cards of famous magicians, one packet in the reverse order. You then spell out GREAT, one card at a time, moving the top card to the bottom of the stack, wither the red or blue stack as called out by a spectator. After you spell GREAT, the top card is turned over from each packet and they match. I got this for no problem. You are then supposed to spell MAGICIANS and once again the top card is supposed to match. Mine don't HELP Obviously I am missing something, but it is not clear in the instructions. Can you help me please . Thanks
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
501 Posts

Profile of spatrick
This looks like the classic "Will Two Cards Match" card effect. of which, there is a ton of info on the Café about. There is even a thread on the formula based on how many cards are in the stacks. ( https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=206 ) .

I worked the cards and found out that the word count for a 6 card stack, with one pack reversed, would be 5-9-7-2-5. Meaning that you would have the stacks on the table, and by using one card from either stack spell out a 5 letter word, then show the pairs, then a 9 letter word, then show the pairs, then a 7 letter word, and so on.

I, with a little help from google created a phrase you could use to spell out all the pairs in the 6 card stacks. Try "Great Magicians Working In Style".

I would say keep an eye on the cards while spelling, don't for get the "S" at the end of "magicians", and don't forget to reverse the 2nd stack at the beginning of the effect.

I hope it helps!!

S. Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Convention magic trick handout (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL