The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Which description of 2nd deal in a book is best? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stine
View Profile
Regular user
TN
152 Posts

Profile of stine
Just curious if there is a consensus on which 2nd deal described in a book is considered the best to learn the move from? Thanks.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
The strike second described in Arthur Buckley's Card Control stands out. That's where I learned mine. The description is clear and easy to understand.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Effective Card Magic- Bill Simon
stine
View Profile
Regular user
TN
152 Posts

Profile of stine
Appreciate it.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Simon Lovell's booklet Second to None is devoted on the Second Deal, both the Strike and Push off methods.

Also Marlo's Seconds, Centers, and Bottoms. You can find this as a booklet or as part of the neo-classic Revolutionary Card Technique.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
All of the above are good sources to learn the move. I prefer how Bill Simon taught it in Effective Card Magic.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
The sources cited above, particularly Marlo & Lovell, are good. Don't forget Card College for the double push off, shortly but well explained.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
And watch the Steve Forte Series, plus the Jason England videos. They will complete your knowledge and add finesses.
magic_man2772
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of magic_man2772
I learned to to both the second and bottom deal from card college.
avasatu
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of avasatu
I LOVE Buckley's main second deal from Card Control, but it doesn't match my bottom deal grip.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2017, Vlad_77 wrote:
Simon Lovell's booklet Second to None is devoted on the Second Deal, both the Strike and Push off methods.

Also Marlo's Seconds, Centers, and Bottoms. You can find this as a booklet or as part of the neo-classic Revolutionary Card Technique.

Vlad, right on the money! I learned all my false deals from RCT- seconds, centres and bottoms. One of my favourites is Carmen D'Amico's one hand second! Good luck!
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
If you don't care for a video then alex pandrea hd a great 30min vid on his site about push off and strike!
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
There is some work on the second deal in my book Details of Deception. If you're interested in learning a second deal or already a second deal junkie then you might enjoy it. I'd hoped it'd add something worthwhile to the exiting literature, and it's gotten some nice feedback so far.

"Great section on the second deal. Stacked to Win & The Hold’em Demo will put your second deal chops to the test. Highly recommended.”
- Paul Gertner

"...the chapters on the second deal, peeks and the shiner are unequalled.”
- Sal Piacente

"Terrific explanation of how to do a two card push-off second deal."
- Steve Ehlers

"...describes among other things his incredibly natural second deal which is really different." ..."dangerously deceptive."
- Jean Jacques Sanvert
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Which description of 2nd deal in a book is best? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL