The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Solution by Michael Murray - The Spectator Solves the Cube (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
If this works along the lines that I'm thinking Michael is an absolute GENIUS (he's ALREADY established himself as such many times before though)! So brilliant - so simple - so effective!

If this doesn't work as I expect then I can unequivocally say that I'm stumped!

Either way - I can't wait to see the full routine!

Hats off to you sir! (Keep up this track record of yours' and I won't have any "hats" left!)

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2017, celebrity wrote:
Hi folks, I was recently contacted by Steven Brundage who wanted to purchase the performing rights to my spectator solves the cube effect. I am very happy to say he loved it so much he decided to feature the quick version as the closer to his recent TV spot on the US "Today" program.

Good to hear he paid to use the idea.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2017, celebrity wrote:
So pleased that you like it!

I am still in talks with Steven regarding the rights to this and I speculate that it may be released in March depending on how long Steven secures the rights for.

Steven may purchase exclusivity for just a month?
When you say you may possibly release it next month, does that include the US too?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Does brundage come with the effect?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Awesomeness.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2017, John C wrote:

No but Takamiz Usui will be there in spirit, even if he's not too happy about it. Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2017, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2017, John C wrote:

No but Takamiz Usui will be there in spirit, even if he's not too happy about it. Smile

Michael has my credit card. He just sends me everything he releases.

J
elcycib
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of elcycib
I witnessed Michael slaying with this at The Session. Michaels scripting makes it oh so special, and leaves it as so much more than the spectator solved the cube!!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
The good news is there will be substantial savings on the postage costs as we do not need to include Steven with the product Smile

Steven is still yet to seal the deal for the performance rights but is looking to do so within the next 24hrs.

My intention is to release this on March 16th after my lecture for the South Tyneside International Magic Festival. Once I am home from the weekend this should be availble the world over. The exact form this will be in is still to be confirmed, but at the moment I am considering selling it as a package with DVD, written instructions and a Cube.

As Elcycib mentions the script is what really helps to elivate this effect onto a whole new level. Performance wise there are several additions to the routine that you don't see in Stevens performance which all work together to produce a highly powerful effect.

My last performance was for a magician friend of mine who doesn't mind being critical of anything I do. To say he was blown away was an understatement (if anyone knows Mark Llewellyn just ask him). The time before that was for a complete lay audience and not one word was uttered at the conclusion, they were truly speachless in the best possible sense.

I am really proud of this one Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Any idea of price range....
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Looking forward to the release of this of this one for sure.
One question though, in Steven's performance he seemed to be keeping a close eye on what Al Roker was doing behind his back with the cube. I'm curious if that is always necessary or could the spectator be in a position where it wouldn't be easy for the performer to see the cube?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Based on script and logic, seems to me like this is simple dual reality... Am I wrong?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Congratulations Michael,

It's a STUNNING effect!! I have NO idea how you did it.

all the best to you,
Greg Rostami
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Randyburtis, the price will be very much dictated by the medium but will probably retail between £15 and £50 depending on how I package it.

Videoman, if you wish you can stand away from your spectator however I prefer to check how they are doing at solving the cube and even get them to show the audience how they are doing mid solve.

Remember Steven only performed the basic routine/handling here due to time constraints).

I have had many pm's, emails etc guessing on the methods and asking questions regarding them but out of fairness to Steven who is investing so heavily into this I can only say that those who are fans of my existing work will absolutely love this, if you like what you see you will be even more impressed by what you get Smile

This will include the following (and possibly more) -

The basic handling - The short version.
The full routine - This has some additional steps which help to transform this routine into a presentational show piece.
The alternate version - This requires the purchase of an additional gimmick/effect that allows you to add an extra incredible stage to the routine.

Best Wishes to All!

Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
I don't know how you find the time to find brilliant breakthroughs in so many areas. You must not sleep or you are a time traveler.
haresign
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of haresign
You can't get any more "In the spectator's hands" effect than this. Well done Michael Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Much appreciated gents Smile

What can I say, I share more than just the initials of Marty McFly ha ha

Best Wishes Michael

Quique
View Profile
New user
Spain
17 Posts

Profile of Quique
Do we know anything about this subject?
Cheers,
Quique
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, Quique wrote:
Do we know anything about this subject?

Did you read my mind? Smile
I just remembered and revisited this thread earlier today. Had an idea for a routine where this could play nicely.
I don't have any new info on it, but I'm intrigued as well!
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
Michael, do let us know of any updates!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Solution by Michael Murray - The Spectator Solves the Cube (47 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL