The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Trends in Magic Marketing (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
This past year I started seeing 2 new trends in magic marketing:

1) The hype has been amp'ed up to the point that the ONLY thing that appears in the email announcement of a new trick, is the hype. There is no longer a description, just that it "blows people's mind".. You have to click on the link to see anything more. I guess they think a fair description of the trick would not be so mind blowing. I don't appreciate this tactic, and have started disregarding such emails (i.e.; I delete the email w/o looking at the effect).

2) The background music in the demo's has become louder than that of the demonstrator - I don't know if that is also true for the instructional DVD too. I guess they don't think its worth hearing what the performer has to say.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Escamoteur
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
I too dislike the "click-bait" tactic, not in magic related products but in general, and often do as you do and delete the email. I'd appreciate much more a lengthy, thorough email or article. Hopefully metrics one day show this method of marketing/advertising not to be as effective as thought.

Carter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Trends in Magic Marketing (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL