The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (549 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33..36..39..42..45..46~47~48 [Next]
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, Dave Le Fevre wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, PWRIS wrote:
a PUBIC forum

I've think that you've come to the wrong website

LOL!
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, Dave Le Fevre wrote:
Quote:
a PUBIC forum

I've think that you've come to the wrong website

Good one 👍
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Guys we should report the posts with exposure please. Yes it's a shame to spoil it for others.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
ElijahCross
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ElijahCross
Review:

I'm a introvert off stage. This product is the reason I finally joined this forum after lurking for years. I was so excited by the trailer that I wanted to be part of the discussion around it.

I bought four of these boxes. I performed my four box routine for the first time last night at a coffee house. Three friends, who have seen me perform other great magic effects, were stunned - they just backed away and headed for the exit. A fourth person who was watching handed me her card - as it turns out, she is the marketing and communications director for a nearby school, and wants to have me come perform. This is perfect, because the show I'm doing in the future will raise money for a child-focused charity.

Use this right, and it can take you places.

The effects you perform with this, and their impact, depend on your own creativity and care for performance (like pretty much anything else involving a utility like this). If you don't own this because you only do walk around, I understand - I'm only using this for my parlor and stage shows. If you do parlor/stage shows and don't own this because of what others who also don't own it are saying, you're missing out.

Any initial issue one might have upon receiving the product are easily fixed without spending more money. Angelo has put together a great video helping with that, and has also been very attentive in the Facebook group.

So, there it is - The Gift lives up to its name by giving you the kind of reactions performers crave most, and by opening doors to other opportunities to do what you love. Get this.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received "The Gift" and am very pleased with the product and the supporting videos. I had no issues with the construction; it works exactly as advertised. The supplied routine is very strong but I'm sure that I'll eventually find many other uses for it. Frankly, I couldn't be happier with this purchase. It's definately a true "worker" utility device.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Guys we should report the posts with exposure please. Yes it's a shame to spoil it for others.

Agreed
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Quote:

I'm having trouble with the rem** con*** to the left or right of the b** causing the top of the b** to stay open...

Any suggests?
saverle
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
114 Posts

Profile of saverle
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, Magic from A to Z wrote:
Quote:

I'm having trouble with the rem** con*** to the left or right of the b** causing the top of the b** to stay open...

Any suggests?

You should check the batteries first ... It MUST be a polarized one, othwerwise it won't work.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Every several years something comes along that creeps our little industry forward. The Gift is, no doubt, one of those items. Sure, our silly bubble is guilty of hyping what generally turns out to be junk drawer garbage, But I assure you that's not the case here. The creativity and craftsmanship behind The Gift is second to none. When I think of the crazy amount of trial and error and prototypes Angelo must have gone through, it's an absolute head scratcher and heartbreaker that he let something fairly small and easily resolved slip. Heartbreaking because it has led to unnecessary scrutiny and trolling here. Unnecessary because it's a non-issue. I had that certain something sitting around my house so it had no bearing on me. And if I didn't have it, I could get it in short order. So don't let that nonsense stop you from picking this up.

There are phone apps, envelopes, wallets and card cases that give you multiple outs. This time, it's contained within a simple, elegant box.. With empty hands you simply shake the box that's been in full view the entire time and hand it to the spectator to open. Inside is a prediction that can range from 1 in 4 to apparently 1 in 52. If you've been to the Platt Magic website you know that I am somebody who openly hates the idea of "magic boxes." But this isn't a magic box. It's an innocuous cardboard gift box that holds important items, one being a prediction. This will find a nice place on my family room mantle. A great little effect to pull out when I have friends and family over. As always, incredible work Angelo. A gift to the magic community.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
A few more paragraphs would be nice Platt, but I agree.

I received my two boxes and none of the sides worked. The next day I watched the videos and tweaked my boxes a little bit and now everything works beautifully. But, I did add an additional magnet.

I don't know if it was the shipping or the climate or ??? But, it's all working perfectly now. And, buyers should not be discouraged if everything doesn't work at first.

These boxes are so cool. I absolutely love this effect! This is something I will do.

Thank you Angelo.

Robert
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
First, I have to say that I'm a huge fan of this prop. A utility item with so many possibilities that is only limited by your imagination. I absolutely love it! So much so that after receiving my initial order I immediately ordered 3 more for multiple box routines in a stage/parlour show. Angelo has done a fantastic service to the magic community and I believe his gift box will still be selling years from now. Very deceptive and well made. It will withstand more than enough visual scrutiny than would ever be needed. I mean, it's a small, solid, cardboard box and they can see at a glance there is nothing to find so no one is going to give it that much attention. I haven't been this excited about a prop in a very long time. It's great and comes with some amazing routines. If it was just a one-trick wonder and all you could do was the card trick shown in the demo then I wouldn't consider it a lot of bang for the buck, but that is only the tip of the iceberg. A year or two from now and that effect in conjunction with the box will probably be long forgotten, even though it is very strong. I would give this my highest recommendation.

Secondly, I wanted to give my thoughts about many of the boxes being described as having "issues". I think defective is too strong a term and misleading. It is true that a percentage of the boxes did have minor problems functioning perfectly when first received. Without getting too technical, an unforeseen issue involving physics affected some the gimmicks when they were in storage, transit to dealers, and transit to buyers. Angelo and Titanas immediately offered solutions to remedy the minor issue and even offered to ship buyers a new gimmick at no charge. I stress that the boxes themselves were never a problem, it only affected an additional gimmick used in conjunction with the box. It was soon discovered that simply using the box for a bit and breaking it in alleviated most of the issues, almost all were apparently working fine soon after being received. For those users still experiencing problems it was easily solved by simply adding an additional gimmick that most magicians already have on hand so for most it was a simple 10 second fix. But again, if you work it a while and play with it most issues worked themselves out. So the whole "defective" matter is really a non-issue so I wanted to debunk that rumor before it spreads even further. The ironic thing is it probably never would have become an "issue" in the first place if Angelo and Titanas hadn't rushed at breakneck speed to present solutions. Their amazing customer service actually may have given themselves some unnecessary bad publicity, but I give them much credit and commend them for trying to do the right thing and look after their customers.

Anyway, that is all in th past now and what we are left with is a fantastic prop that will no doubt serve many very well for a long time. Oh heck, I may as well throw in another cliche while I'm at it...I believe it's destined to become a classic. Thanks AC!!!
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2017, videoman wrote:
...I give them much credit and commend them for trying to do the right thing and look after their customers.

Hear hear!

Well said Videoman
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2017, PWRIS wrote:
I find it a shame that whenever a new effect comes out the method is ALWAYS exposed after a short time. In my opinion the "Latest and Greatest" should not be used for questions that potentially expose methods, .

It makes no odds at all!!

If you are in Blackpool

Take look round the dealers hall and watch Mark Mason in action , he lets everyone on
The secret BEFORE they purchase any item,

Fact is he will sell more tricks than any other dealer in Blackpool this weekend !!

I think you are missing the point. If a dealer is selling products to magicians that have paid good money to attend a "magic" convention then that is one thing. However, discussing and exposing methods on a PUBIC forum is something totally different.

In this case if a member of the PUBLIC wanted to find out secrets

This is the last place they would go

If you google Magic Tricks Revealed / Explained

Pages and Pages show up including Facebook group/ YouTube videos and loads of websites magic Café is not one of them
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Even if it is the last place they would go we do not need to make it this easy. Perhaps Latest and Greatest should have a minimum of posts (like secret sessions etc) to deter the mere curious?
As Angelo stated the exposure posts should be deleted (and reported) I realize that the majority of posts "exposing" working methods etc. are not intentional and people that have paid good money for their product wish to express their concerns but a PUBLIC forum accessible to everyone is in my mind not the right place.
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
My ordered is shipped! So excited! I'll post my review here when I get it!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2017, PWRIS wrote:
Even if it is the last place they would go we do not need to make it this easy. Perhaps Latest and Greatest should have a minimum of posts (like secret sessions etc) to deter the mere curious?
As Angelo stated the exposure posts should be deleted (and reported) I realize that the majority of posts "exposing" working methods etc. are not intentional and people that have paid good money for their product wish to express their concerns but a PUBLIC forum accessible to everyone is in my mind not the right place.

After watching this on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6glJCofJBEg

The secret is out !
Mobius
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mobius
Had to wait until I got back from holiday before I picked this up. For once I followed instructions and watched the video that was titled "Watch this first" and as a result a small issue has now become a non-issue. Can imagine that those that received their box before the video was available may have been a bit stressed.
This is a beautifully crafted item and I can already envision loads of uses for it. Was a bit down about coming back from holiday but this has cheered me up enormously. Thanks Angelo.
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2017, PWRIS wrote:

After watching this on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6glJCofJBEg

The secret is out !

You're hilarious 😂
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
Ah, I do not need it anymore then ;-)
BillyBear
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BillyBear
The Gift was one of my Blackpool purchases - and what a gift it is - thoroughly delighted with this beautifully crafted piece. Great work Angelo!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (549 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33..36..39..42..45..46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL