The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from California! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
Hello, I'm a relative novice from Orange County California. Been browsing the site for quite some time and interested in finally participating a bit more as opportunities arise. Also considering joining my local IBM ring, so any thoughts there would be appreciated. Thanks!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome jefkve,

Tell us about your interest in Magic.

I will say that if you join local IBM ring you should try to perform regularly, even if you know there are better Magicians there who know all your tricks.

The more you perform (and critique yourself afterward) the faster you will improve. Ask friends to be honest with you. Some club members will tell you that absolutely awful performances are great. (This helps no-one!) Do be prepared to watch some awful "Magic" too (and be kindly honest about it if they ask).

Have fun. I've found the company of other Magicians to be very beneficial both in person and on the Café.

-Mary Mowder
jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
Thank you for the welcome Mary!

My Interest is mainly in cards and coins, but I enjoy other kinds of magic. I've taken the liberty of reading quite a bit on the subject and work on my sleights constantly (much to the annoyance of my wife), but seeking to improve further.

The real impetus for my pursuit would have to be a recent trip to the Magic Castle: a member invited me after a brief meeting at a local outdoor mall....I've been doing my own tricks for years (developed a few sleights without reading any books that were fairly convincing), but once I got the invite I began reading all the material I could get my hands on. Needless to say, I've become addicted and keep at least a coin on my person at all times to practice with...All that being said, it would be nice to have people to discuss methods with, hence my interest in joining a ring.
cuervo5150
View Profile
New user
Riverside, CA
56 Posts

Profile of cuervo5150
Greetings jefkve,

I see you are a fellow California magician! Do you have any brick and mortar magic shops down there besides the San Diego Magic Shop?

Chris
jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
Cuervo: The only B&M shop by me is Best Magic Gags & Costumes in Anaheim (unless you count the Main Street magic shop inside of Anaheim).

--Jefkve
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Highly recommend joining local club...great way to meet folks, learn things, and get insight on lectures and other opportunities...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from California! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL