The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » What's this Version of C&R Rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

miky
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of miky
I'm just getting into rope magic and I want to learn a specific ungimmicked (i.e., no magnets, TT, etc.) version of C&R rope. I know the "standard" one that starts with the performer holding both ends of the rope in his left hand and lifting the center as a loop into his left hand. I want to learn the one where the performer holds one end of the rope, runs the scissors out to the middle of the rope, and brings the center back into the left hand. Does this version have a specific name? Can someone tell me where it is taught on video or in print.
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
873 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
There is a version of the method you speak of in a book titled "Cut and Restored Rope" on amazon dot com. Do a search in amazon with "Al Schneider Magic" I have used for over 40 years.
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
miky
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of miky
Thanks, Al. I'll do that.
By the way, do you know if there is a video of a performance of this method anywhere?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2326 Posts

Profile of John Long
Check out the Vishnu Rope Mystery p77 of Fulves Self working rope Magic and Tarbel V6 p159 and Daryl's Expert Rope Magic vol3

and related (but not set up using scissors)
Wilson's Complete Course p239
Tarbel V2 p363

John
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
873 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Thanks for the references Mr. Long.
I learned the move from Tarbel V6 p159.
I have used it in every show since that time.
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » What's this Version of C&R Rope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL