The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Creators Posting On Reviews (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Probably, my favorite sections of the Café are reviews. There's SO much out there that some guidance from fellow magicians can be invaluable.

I have seen many reviews ruined when the author / producer joins in the thread. I know we're supposed to say it's great to have them there, but it isn't. The review immediately and inevitably loses its objectivity, the author frequently becomes defensive and if it is a "name" we deal with the seemingly unavoidable groveling.

I'm not suggesting a banning, but a general policy suggesting those involved with the product not post on a review thread. It would benefit everyone I think. There's many other ways they can make themselves available - secret sessions, pms etc.

Thanks for your time

PS Totally separate issue - I still think we need a "wanted" or "looking for" section. Sometimes there's more of that than items being sold. Just a thought.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I'm always interested in what the creator of an effect or a device has to say.

Positive or negative comments aside, if one is considering making an investment in something, hearing the opinion of the guy who made it can only benefit the process.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Creators and authors have the same posting rights as any other member. Often, a review leads to questions that only those people can answer and not allowing them to do so would be a disservice to all the other members.

Creating a whole new section of forums for those looking to buy rather than sell would create an undo burden on the staff to say the least. Currently the for sale sections are monitored daily and each post in all of the forums is read to determine if the time from of 10 days has been reached. Creating a new set of forums would double the efforts of the staff and there aren't enough "wanted" posts to warrant that addition.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Creators Posting On Reviews (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL