The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bang On 2.0 by Marc Oberon (99 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of drphil
I have done bang on since it originally came out and it kills every time ,nobody as ever asked to see my pockets. The effect is over befor they can think and the card is safely back in the envelope and wallet. Then I move on to my next effect,
Tom Wong
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, United Kingdom
128 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2017, blurrylines wrote:
Quote:
However, in some cases I did get the odd person who actually worked out the method (The smarter specs realise you couldn't fit 52 cards in your wallet, but by writing off by one it dramatically reduces the amount and is easily fit) in the case this did happen they obviously asked to inspect my wallet.

I was initially concerned about this too, but in my experience it hasn't happened...yet. At this point, I've performed KK so much that even if someone were to ask to see the wallet, I would definitely consider it an extremely rare outlier. I think I have been able to short circuit this through my presentation. With KK I always say, "I only keep two things in my wallet, one card" (at this moment I remove the card but don't show it to them yet) "and one dollar" (and then I show them the "empty" wallet with only one dollar) finally I show them the value of the card and jaws drop...or even better I hit "off by one" and heads explode and people run screaming.

Quote:
With Bang on in the specs mind there is no need to look at the wallet as it is implied to be empty. The card is ISOLATED in an envelope which suggests there are no other cards, this is also supported by the position you hold the envelope in once the card has been removed to show nothing else falling out.

If you're getting pummeled with question about your KK I think Bang On will erase that almost entirely. You are absolutely correct and this is certainly the strength of Bang On. However since I never get asked to see my KK wallet, I don't know whether avoiding the examination question is a net win. Although, with Bang On, I would imagine that it never becomes an issue. This is what I need to test. The challenge is, how do I test for something that never happens? This will be fun. Smile

Quote:
All in all Bang on is a lot cleaner.

In a certain sense Bang On is cleaner simply because you are 100% every single time, but I don't yet know if that's better than "off by one". This is the exact tradeoff I want to experiment with, because Bang On is definitely not cleaner for the magician. It *may* be cleaner for the spectator, however the same type of person who asks to see the KK wallet, may ask you about your pockets. Time will tell. I won't know for a few weeks. I'm excited.

Tell me how you get on with it.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of rowland
I have never been asked to see my pockets, it is just too impossible for them to comprehend. It resets as you put the wallet away. Can't say anymore than that.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Loyal user
Panama
210 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Hi

In what way version 2.0 improves the previous version?

Thanks
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1718 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I don't have the original , but from what I know the method is the same , maybe just better quality stuff ? The cards you received are bicycle quality .

I highly recommend this though , takes just a night for you to get it down smoothly , and it absolutely kills .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Tom Wong
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, United Kingdom
128 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2017, Legendary Wizard wrote:
I don't have the original , but from what I know the method is the same , maybe just better quality stuff ? The cards you received are bicycle quality .

I highly recommend this though , takes just a night for you to get it down smoothly , and it absolutely kills .

I strongly agree.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4720 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have now seen this effect live - that was a great experience. Strong reactions, sure.
I feel this is an effect I should add to my trickbag.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4720 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I found Marc Oberon´s online shop:

https://www.marcoberon.co.uk/products/
CartoucheNL
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of CartoucheNL
When in Blackpool earlier this year, I saw this fantastic trick was given a reboot. For those of you who want to replace their envelopes, I purchased a set of envelopes at the Worldmagicshop stand this year. So they are finally available. For those of you who are wondering if there is serious wear and tear with these envelopes, I would like to say no. Why new ones? I have been doing this effect for years and even got me a spare. Unfortunately the previous owner of my spare vesion managed to ruin the envelope part, thus rendering it somewhat useless for me.

This is the one trick I always carry with me whenever I go to a business meeting or appointment. Upon leaving, standing in the doorway, I simply say: "Oh, one more thing, completely unimportant, but I had a small wager with my wife this morning. Could you please name any playing card?" They do so and I take out the wallet, remove the envelope and tip (!!) out the card. Should they still be in doubt whether or not they are going to hire me to do magic, that doubt is now more or less gone. And of course it is always fun to see their faces.

What sold it for me back when I saw Marc do this at a lecture was that he did not take the card out of the envelope, but he tipped it out, thus proving that the envelope is otherwise empty.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2017, CartoucheNL wrote:
When in Blackpool earlier this year, I saw this fantastic trick was given a reboot. For those of you who want to replace their envelopes, I purchased a set of envelopes at the Worldmagicshop stand this year. So they are finally available. For those of you who are wondering if there is serious wear and tear with these envelopes, I would like to say no. Why new ones? I have been doing this effect for years and even got me a spare. Unfortunately the previous owner of my spare vesion managed to ruin the envelope part, thus rendering it somewhat useless for me.

This is the one trick I always carry with me whenever I go to a business meeting or appointment. Upon leaving, standing in the doorway, I simply say: "Oh, one more thing, completely unimportant, but I had a small wager with my wife this morning. Could you please name any playing card?" They do so and I take out the wallet, remove the envelope and tip (!!) out the card. Should they still be in doubt whether or not they are going to hire me to do magic, that doubt is now more or less gone. And of course it is always fun to see their faces.

What sold it for me back when I saw Marc do this at a lecture was that he did not take the card out of the envelope, but he tipped it out, thus proving that the envelope is otherwise empty.

I also never go out without this. It's definitely one of my best purchases 😀
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bang On 2.0 by Marc Oberon (99 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL