The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Anyone read "Think of a Card" by Etienne Pradier book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

terryisaacs
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
I found this book on sale for a very low price. I've read the description of the book but was hoping to get feedback from someone who might already own it.

I enjoy card magic quite a bit and would say I am an intermediate Card Guy. Should I buy it or pass on it?
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7452 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Not sure about this one, I do know that Pradier is a FISM winner, so his work has clearly been of some note.

You might know already, but I found "A Card Merely Thought Of" by Thomas Baxter to be quite interesting, when I was journeying through the land of "Think of a Card." A lot of good thinking and stuff in that one. Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
terryisaacs
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
Thanks a bunch MB, was reading a description of Baxter's book, looks cool. I also never knew Pradier was a FISM winner. I pulled the trigger on Pradier's book because I found it super inexpensive.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
Leo H
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I recently acquired John Bannon's Mentalissimo and it contains a treasure trove of Think a Card effects. What a pleasant surprise. His thoughts and refinements of Ralph Hulls Three of Clubs effect from the 1930s are killer. Anyone interested in Think a Card should get this book. Preferably before it goes out of print.
JG
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of JG
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2017, terryisaacs wrote:
Thanks a bunch MB, was reading a description of Baxter's book, looks cool. I also never knew Pradier was a FISM winner. I pulled the trigger on Pradier's book because I found it super inexpensive.

If you are into think of a card routines, and it's super inexpensive, why not give it a go. Read, learn and inwardly digest. Then if you discover that it's genuinely not for you, simply sell it on. Win win all round.
"Deceptions From A Daypack" by Jack Goldstein - a limited edition book of card routines for those who love magic, travel and life.

Buy it now on Lulu; 100% of the profits go to Toybox, a charity committed to ending the global injustice of children living and working on the streets.

http://www.lulu.com/gb/en/shop/jack-goldstein/deceptions-from-a-daypack/paperback/product-22733764.html
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
418 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
I have both "think of a card" and "French Bred Winners Book" books from Etienne Pradier.
If you want solid and practical card routines, you will love them.
He has unique style, and his materials aren't that difficult.

The thing that I don't like about the French Bred Winners Book is that it is not a hard cover book;
However, this is only my personal preference.

Hope it helps.

- Arthur
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Anyone read "Think of a Card" by Etienne Pradier book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL