The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q&A Act with a crystal Ball (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Thank You Tony...

Very Cool...!

All the Best,
Dan
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Two have been given - Nelson's and Casssidy's. Conover's if you can find the source as Eric won't be releasing his works on Tim for some time (closeup material will be coming first, then his stage materials).

Cassidy's is probably going to be the best currently available for most performers. Paul Voodini has some interesting thoughts on Q&A, but I think most current mentalists are going to balk at his methods (since they are rooted in Spiritualist demonstrations of the same). http://readerofminds.co.uk/page_26.html

Luke Jermay's video, Jermay's Mind, has a nice Q&A section in it, too.

Personal opinion: Q&A is basically doing a reading. So if you've done mentalism for any decently lengthy period of time, you've probably already got a ton of ways to do this already.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Alexxander
View Profile
Elite user
Frankfurt, Germany
423 Posts

Profile of Alexxander
If I ever get to perform a Q&A act, this would be the way I'd do it.
I just love the image of a mind reader gazing into a crystal ball and revealing thoughts and answering questions.

Great video of Tim Conover, he really was an amazing performer. Unbelievably energetic!
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Two have been given - Nelson's and Casssidy's. Conover's if you can find the source as Eric won't be releasing his works on Tim for some time (closeup material will be coming first, then his stage materials).

Another use of the crystal ball was Dr Jaks....he had quite a collection of various "crystal balls"; reference the Leo Behke and late (RIP Bob) Bob Blueme's book on "The Incredible Dr Jaks".

Smile Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Do it for real. Source: Miriam Ruthchild.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2017, Sven Rygh wrote:

Absolutely, and with panache

https://vimeo.com/77245868

Wow, panache indeed! Very impressive and inspiring performance.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I do sometimes Q&A with crystal ball as well.

The crystal ball as any powerful and stereotypical prop for us as mystery performers should be studied in the context. Get classic and old gems from Nelson for example and adapt it to your own needs.

You can also study more modern methods and apply a crystal ball as part of the dramatic visuals.

All the best

Click here to view attached image.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2017, Greg Arce wrote:
Dan Ackroyd has a company that sells Vodka in a glass skull bottle. It would be funny to do a Q & A that way, but you keep drinking out of the bottle and your answers get better the drunker you get. Smile

Greg

Ok. Seriously...that is just the best idea I've heard for a Q&A Greg. Not even kidding - that is GOLD right there.

Would absolutely LOVE to see Steve Martin do this.
Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
Thank you for the couple ideas. I purchased thanks to j100Taylor his suggestion and although I have been busy and have not finished it yet this seems to be exactly what I was searching for. So a huge thank you for pointing that out to me. I think I might have to tweek it to fit me a bit more but that is fine by me. Thank you again.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Quote:
Dan Ackroyd has a company that sells Vodka in a glass skull bottle. It would be funny to do a Q & A that way, but you keep drinking out of the bottle and your answers get better the drunker you get. Smile

Greg

Ok. Seriously...that is just the best idea I've heard for a Q&A Greg. Not even kidding - that is GOLD right there.

Actually, someone saw this thread and wrote to me about it. He says he might try it. I told him I wanted to be updated if he did. I guess, stay tuned.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Louis Gordon
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Louis Gordon
If this drinki8ng thing had a Chevy Chase in it as well you could have a whole Spies Like Us Q&A act and really take it in different directions.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, Greg Arce wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Quote:

Greg

Actually, someone saw this thread and wrote to me about it. He says he might try it. I told him I wanted to be updated if he did. I guess, stay tuned.

Greg

No way! That's awesome Greg. I hope they make a video recording of it - that would be something to see! Smile
toneill
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of toneill
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Didn't Tim Conover do such an approach?

Thanks for sharing this...I was not familiar with Tim Conover. Great performance.
Dr.A
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dr.A
I have never understood the positive reaction of audience members when my 4" crystal ball comes out of the briefcase. It is like an old friend has just walked into the room. (Is this an old friend from childhood perhaps?)

Stereotyped? Yes. Able to elicit a positive response? I've yet to see people scoff at it.
giro doro
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of giro doro
One of the best threads these days!
theothermentalist
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of theothermentalist
Absolutely love Conover's performance. You should check out Florian Severin's What Lies Inside for a neat effect called "Shroompledai" that --while not a Q&A-- has some nice work on spectator-as-mind-reader using a crystal ball. It may, or may not, clue in some to Conover's approach to the serial number divination.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:

Thanks so much for posting this, Sven. Wonderfully entertaining. A little googling took me to a website in memory of Tim. What an amazing guy.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Amazing guy indeed. I had not seen this video before. What energy! Thank for posting the link.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q&A Act with a crystal Ball (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL