The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Best razor blade swallow? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

steve-pistolas
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of steve-pistolas
Ok so I know this isn't strictly a sideshow feat, but I have seen it performed many times as one. Now my question is which one do people recommend. Heres the problem I do a lot of talking in my act and would like to present this trick but every version ive found you cant really talk because either you have razors in you mouth etc or have to come out already loaded up, so you cant talk at all. I would like to talk, eat razors in between each razor talk and finish empty.....any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Use the OLD D. Robbins prop. I broke in the biz in the mid '40s. (Carnie side show...12-15 times a day!) D. Robbins, made it possible. (The "load" goes in, after you've done all the talking.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
shooz
View Profile
Loyal user
Mercer, PA
269 Posts

Profile of shooz
Hi Dick,
Went on the Robbins site... Didn't find it.
Is this the one with the flip over.... Red and black holder?
Had one in my youth like this and it worked great. Have never been able to re-acquire one. Any idea where to search?
As always, Thanks in advance.
Shooz
With you in thought(s)

Scott Shoemaker... Shooz
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
There's also a section about it, in Vol. 4 of Tarbell.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Well, I was a good carnie! I made mine! Yes! I think you've described it well. I visited Herman Suss' carnie illusion show in the late '40s. He had one, Robbins probably hasn't made it in eons. (I imagine that it's not fancy enough for the Yoo Toobers!) (No chrome or plastic!)

It's just two pieces of cardboard (could be plastic, today) with black cloth glued or sewed on. The red ribbon is probably better sewed on, although with the glues available today, glue might work.

Another thought...see John Booth's "Marvels of Mystery" for his handling of "The man who swallows razor blades". He does the "work" with a plain white pocket handkerchief.

Hope this helps!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This is not razor blades, but this is a very good effect in the same vein. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4585
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
I've found Dan Sperry's version (sold as "Always Remember to Floss") to be very useful in maintaining the ability to speak, and the convenience of having dental floss right at hand makes it compact and convenient.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
daviddelrey
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of daviddelrey
Steve - Did you ever find a solution?
steve-pistolas
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of steve-pistolas
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2017, Saint-Pol wrote:
Steve - Did you ever find a solution?

Hmm yes and no, I have come up with my own regurgitation gimmick though which may be out in public soon Smile
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Good!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Otto Wessely has a great version.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
JohnChaos13
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of JohnChaos13
I know that this post is a little old but if you are looking for a good Razor Blade DVD, Bizzaro has whole DVD of Razor Blades tricks called Helter Shelter. It is a great DVD and lots of fun ways to do this trick. http://www.bizzaromatic.com/
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Tim Ellis has a fabulous version called Ultimate Razor blades., I have been using a version of this for many years successfully.
Most versions I use are to music which adds so much drama and the second version is a comedy intro that I talk that the audience selecting an effect that could see me kill myself on stage for their entertainment of a trick with a piece of paper ...lets decide by round of applause etc.. then I still use music...this version I think would suit you better as a combination of both..

Click here to view attached image.
JohnChaos13
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of JohnChaos13
Bizzaro has a great razor blade presentation. He is the one who taught me how to do it. He has also released a video for it as well that is worth checking out. https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S9344
RealityTwisterSFX
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of RealityTwisterSFX
Can someone please help me find razor blades that will not cut my mouth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Best razor blade swallow? (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL