The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » W.O.M. Marketing on Social Media (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny,

I agree telling some people to just be themselves is the worst advice you can give them. That’s why very few will really ever understand the word. Takes a lot of practice and patience to ‘get’ it.

Mindpro, I’m more familiar with the Hill quote, “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”

But the one that probably applies here the most: “If you can't do great things, do small things in a great way.”

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why do you insist on there being 2 levels. Your level, and SUPERSTAR? There are so many roads between the two it is unfathomable. You don't have to be a superstar to make a really great living at all. Sorry to break it to you but just because someone is not a superstar does not automatically put them on your level.

Why do you insist on telling people they will never be anything? People can accomplish more than you did. Just because you failed in no way means others will fail. YOU didn't manage to do well. OK no big deal. Others do just fine Tom and for you to want to drag down everyone to your level and tell them that they will be nothing if they are not superstars is ridiculous.

Limiting thinking of others just because of your own ego issues is not right. I have faith that people can accomplish many things. I am sorry you don't share that idea.

So please stop Tom. You may not understand and that is OK. Don't stop others from understanding please.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Smile

Danny, you really don't have a clue.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If believing in people makes me clueless. Guilty as charged.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
No what makes you clueless is ruling out all the good general business advice out there, saying oh that can’t apply to me because I am an entertainer. That is about the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Business is business, and personally, I’ve probably never meet anyone in business that I couldn’t learn a little something from.

Anyway I will give you the last word. Go ahead.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is far from your last word and you w it.
The reason that it sounds like the stupidest thing you ever heard is because YOU SAID IT. Where did I rule out any advice? YOU said that not me.

I admit to ruling out most of what you say. But that is not good business advice, much less all.

So stop reading into what I write and read it for a change. You may just learn something.

Barring that would you please stop hindering others from progressing?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Mindpro thinks this section is just for entertainment business. Thas not what the description says. A trade show magician is not hired to entertain. There hired to attract prospects to a booth. But they can be entertaining. Same thing for a motivational speaker who uses magic to teach something. There hired to provide content. Both are magicians but are not in the entertainment business.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Seriously?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Yes I am serious. Do you have a question?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
A trade show performer or presenter is still considered part of the entertainment industry as is the magician regardless of which format they perform or present and IS still entertainment business, sorry. Most of these bookings they use an entertainment agency, talent broker or speakers bureau or contact the entertainer direct - all entertainment business transactions. Call it what you want it is covered here because it is entertainment business. Sorry, you are wrong!
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Trade shows maybe yes. You know more about that than me. Motivational speakers are not considered part of the entertainment industry. There can be overlap. Ask any NSA member.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Yes, Mindpro likes to try and change the rules to fit him.

That would be like me saying this is the MAGIC-CAFÉ it is for MAGICIANS helping MAGICIANS, and Hypnotist, Jugglers, or any other act is not allowed anywhere here.

I can remember when we use to have a lot of speakers, teachers, preachers, etc, come here. Everybody and anybody was welcome. They still peek in from time to time they just don't post anymore.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Last word huh Tom? You just can't help yourself! See that ploy only works when you keep quiet after saying it. But you can't manage the last part LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess if you break it down and pidgin hole it motivational speakers are not entertainment, but in many colleges they are often programed by the same group that dies entertainment and it chines from the same budget.

I will tell you a motivational speaker who is not entertaining is unemployed so I am not certain your point other than to try to take shots at Mindpro.

I believe both at the very least tangentially are indeed in the entertainment business, unlike Tom.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
No shots intended. I'm just making a point that the speaking industry and entertainment industry are quite different. I admitted ther was overlap like colleges you mentioned. Just because a speaker uses magic does not make them an entertainer.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny, taking shots at me doesn’t help a thing.

I’m just trying the keep the facts straight.

So for the record, and please write this down, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE AN ENTERTAINER to post here.

Let some kidshow performer come in here and ask about mailing postcards to prospects, and mindpro says. “this is not the right place, that is a ‘consumer’ show you need to go talk to the kiddie magicians up in the kidshow section.”

Let someone ask about taxes or a business license and watch how fast you tell them not to listen to anyone here, go hire an accountant, get out of here and don’t come back.

You and Mindpro need to get your act together and stop harassing people causing others not to want to post here.

Ok, had my word for the day.

Now go ahead and post your smart*** remark and get it over with.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You have pronoun trouble because I never dao's anything like that. Reading is fundamental but comprehension is an advanced skill. Work on it.

Tom you are the problem. You just can't stop being contrary. Just stop. That is 2 posts since you were supposedly done. And you will post again today.

You really make yourself look silly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
Tom

I'm not changing any rules, read the description to this forum! Trade show and motivational presentations are included here as part of entertainment business. All booked, promoted and secured through the same processes and often the same contacts. Regardless of whether message-based or not magicians are still performers. Yes, the best speakers are indeed performers, including many NSA members and winners.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Here they are, we can read them together. A copy and paste below:

“Discussions on working cruise ships, & doing trade shows. Topics may also include routine ideas for motivational magic & other specialized programs. This is also the area to talk about the business side of magic (e.g, contracts, promotions, taxes, etc)”

Please notice the, “This is ALSO the area to talk about the business side of magic.”

Also means.....nevermind. Smile

Tom
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:

Let some kidshow performer come in here and ask about mailing postcards to prospects, and mindpro says. “this is not the right place, that is a ‘consumer’ show you need to go talk to the kiddie magicians up in the kidshow section.”

You and Mindpro need to get your act together and stop harassing people causing others not to want to post here.

Tom

Tom, you really need to give it up, you beginning to sound like a crochety old man. Nowhere have I or anyone ever said anything of the sort. I spend more time helping consumer market performers than probably anyone here, and heaven forbid would I EVER direct anyone to the kiddie section where some of the worst business advice is offered.

Once again, you have no idea what your talking about. And besides you, why would someone who is not an entertainer be here, let alone voice such ignorant, uninformed opinions about the business of entertainment?

It is really getting quite old how you mess up every thread these days. Others see it just as well. Leave it alone. Take up Pinochle, go out and collect Daisies, watch some Walton's reruns or anything to occupy your retirement time, but stop interfering with others still trying to work for a living in today's entertainment marketplace and progress their entertainment business operation. All of this IS about the business side of magic and performing.

I am getting tired of you saying things I have never said, twisting things to say what I've never said, and having such false perceptions that couldn't be further from the truth. These are personal attacks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » W.O.M. Marketing on Social Media (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL