The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Daryl's Acrobatic Knot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I was greatly saddened as I am sure many FCMers were to learn about the death of Daryl "The Magician's Magician". I met Daryl several years ago at a Michigan Magic Day- just a wonderful lecturer with many fine effects. I personally like Daryl's "Acrobatic Knot" which is still sold including at Penguin Magic. I don't know a Gospel routine for the "Acrobatic Knot"- does anyone know of one? It is a wonderful routine invented by Daryl and can be done for either large or small audiences. You can view it on www.youtube.com or at Penguin Magic.

I felt the same when I learned about former Michigander Dennis Loomis' tragic death some months ago- both Daryl and Dennis always seemed very willing to share their vast expertise with either beginners or the most experienced. Dennis was a frequent poster on The Magic Café'. Even though I did not know either of them very well (I was once at Dennis' place for about an hour when I was still a teen), they were so outwardly friendly and enthusiastic about magic. So many appreciated them!

Just so sad for their families no doubt much more than of the shock to our "magic community". Both will be greatly missed by so many including myself.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
The Acrobatic Knot is Daryl's routine for the trick that was invented by Pavel: "Fantastic Knot" Daryl is the only one who got the manufacturing rights from Pavel. It's a great effect and can be done anywhere... It's always in my case when I travel. I have not (knot) come up with a good Gospel application for the effect. For me it's a visual item that can perk up an audience. Perhaps the idea of Christ taking our sin -- AKA something we should not (knot) have done. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4141 enjoy
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
It's amazing what one can find online now in an instant when dreaming up a potential Gospel routine for a good rope trick. I was thinking about "Francis Chan's Rope Illustration" (see it on youtube) and the Point of Grace song "God Is With Us" (also see it on youtube) when I simply Googled in my computer search box "Bible verses about God being with us". Up popped 89 verses from the ESV. Incredible.

I think I will use Daryl's fine rope trick above for a routine along these lines in the next month or so (not fully worked out yet):

"Our lives are like a rope, aren't they? God can see our entire lives from beginning to end, just like this rope here."

I will then make the knot to represent little ole' me at different portions of my life- sliding the knot around, for when I was in college, facing challenges, when I was in school, in college, when we had children, and talk about some specific times in my life when I knew God was with me.

I will incorporate some of the many terrific "89 Bible Verses about God Being With Us", maybe have the kids read some of them on poster cards, that came up in my Google search that directed me to

www.openBible.info/topics/God_being_with_us

I try to put in direct Bible references whenever I can into a routine, that's just me, I think that is really helpful, particularly in a Sunday School setting.

At the end of the routine, I will talk about how God just did not decide to visit me /jump around back and forth when I cried out to Him from time to time when I was in crisis or in trouble (and I was on my own otherwise), but in fact, He was with me ALL THE TIME, through the power of His indwelling Holy Spirit, He was loving part of my actual daily life, where I could be filled and filled again with His presence and direction (the rope knot becomes part of the entire rope in one piece at the end).

Psalm 73:23-28 "Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you?..." (and there are many other similar verses to choose from). Smile
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Christopher T Magician has a great routine using the Acrobatic Knot. It contains a great message about how all words are magic words. There are good magic words and bad magic words. When we use good magic words we make people feel better about themselves, and when we use bad magic words, we make people feel bad about themselves. This is just the jiff of the routine. Here is the youtube link. It's at the 4:50 minute mark, 2nd routine, "Every Word Is A Magic Word". I liked it so much I use it as an opener in almost all my children shows.

https://youtu.be/HkBo0ArCmHQ?t=4m49s
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Danny: thanks for this reference! That's some good stuff.
Jamie Doyle
jamiedoylemagic.com
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, SC
119 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
MagicBus,

What about using a similar concept as Christopher T. uses, but changing to Ephesians 4:15-32 concepts, namely edifying (constructive) words versus corrupting (destructive) words? Of course our speech in this paragraph is directly connected to the renewal in verses 22-24 via salvation and sanctification (the gospel in short). Thanks to Christopher for the great idea for sure.

Bruce
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Bruce,
that's the thought I had: Changing the vernacular to fit the venue. Christopher's ideas are really good - most of his videos feature educational or character building routines... those are easily adaptable to spiritual concepts and gospel magic routines.
Jamie Doyle
jamiedoylemagic.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I bouught the acrobatic knot from a magic shop in uk with a download . I would like to know whats the length of the original knitted ropes. As I think mine are short and lightly knitted. I may have to buy the original. Well it was in lockdown last year. And still not working. magicwalsh@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Daryl's Acrobatic Knot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL