The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Requested - Emotion Box by Hakan Varol (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1833 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I know Derren Brown used this in Infamous but I'm wondering if anyone on here has purchased it? Bit of a pricier investment for me and I'd like more information on others' experiences with the works.

I'm not 100% sure this is where this post should go so Mods please do move it to the correct location if this isn't right.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
toneill
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of toneill
I can't offer a review, but I believe Luca Volpe used this in his 'In My Mind' act as well.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1833 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Thanks for the lead.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
toneill
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of toneill
Keith Barry performing his version of this a couple of days ago on the Late Late Show:

http://www.rte.ie/player/ca/show/the-lat......0698221/
Sethekk
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
Hey guys,

I know this thread started a while ago but I couldn't find anything else.
I saw Dan White perform this which was very entertaining.
Does anyone have any more information / reviews on this ?

I love the concept but it is rather expensive to buy without much information. I was also wondering if Derrens performance during the 2nd half of Infamous (where the audience / spectator can see nothing is inside but the spectator is feeling the toy plane) is a specific version of the product ?

Thanks
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1232 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Wow... but can't be done without an assistant... or CAN it? Bwahaahahahah!
'
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10045 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2018, Sethekk wrote:
Hey guys,

I know this thread started a while ago but I couldn't find anything else.
I saw Dan White perform this which was very entertaining.
Does anyone have any more information / reviews on this ?

I love the concept but it is rather expensive to buy without much information. I was also wondering if Derrens performance during the 2nd half of Infamous (where the audience / spectator can see nothing is inside but the spectator is feeling the toy plane) is a specific version of the product ?

Thanks

I own this and I highly recommend. It remains a kind of underground product and I prefer it that way..

If you go to Blackpool, the creator always has a booth there and can demo the workings. It is a hand crafted box, and to answer your question above - no there is no specific version, one can use almost any small item that fits within the box to change from what soectator "feels" (A) to what is actually in the box (B). The A item just needs to be somewhat small - so you are always going from something small, to something big. The creator speaks zero English, and very few dealers carry it.

I love mine. Not cheap, but a cool effect with many applications. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E82xSJowCaI
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Sethekk
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
Thanks for the reply. Defiantly puts more confidence in me potentially purchasing ! Underground stuff is always the best 😉
Really love this effect, with a great presentation I'm sure it will blow people away.

My brother lives in Lancaster which isn't far from Blackpool, might be worth the trip to see it live 😊

Thanks
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10045 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2018, stempleton wrote:
'

NO assistants needed
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1232 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2018, stempleton wrote:
'

NO assistants needed

I was referring to the climax of this presentation. If your statement holds true, I'll buy 5!
https://youtu.be/jxcZngFXwuk
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10045 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Ya I’ve seen that presentation before. You are incorrect. No assistant was used for the yarn kicker. Maybe you should watch a few times slowly and think about how this could work.

But assistant is not it. Smile You might need to buy 5.

Call the DR in the morning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Requested - Emotion Box by Hakan Varol (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL