The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » S.W. Erdnase vs Daniel Madison (65 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Do Ellusionist and / or Daniel Madison need a controversial publicity ploy to sell stuff?

I don't think so

And you?
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Ellusionist is a kind and true magic business company.
Some of the member there are only for business perception, the magic get lost there. This is a shame
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
Whether the ploy helps them sell more items or not, it's something they chose to try. Companies in all industries try and keep their brand fresh and relevant, and sometimes they make the wrong choices. Only time will tell if this controversy hurt or helped them in the long run.

I've yet to see a deck of cards released by them that I thought was garbage, their card products are top notch. I've liked a lot of DM's designs. The controversy over this project, just made it a higher priority for me to get it.

Overall, I've had no issues with E. and will continue to order from them on their exclusive items. Just my thoughts...
wswim
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of wswim
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2017, mayhem wrote:
Whether the ploy helps them sell more items or not, it's something they chose to try. Companies in all industries try and keep their brand fresh and relevant, and sometimes they make the wrong choices. Only time will tell if this controversy hurt or helped them in the long run.

I've yet to see a deck of cards released by them that I thought was garbage, their card products are top notch. I've liked a lot of DM's designs. The controversy over this project, just made it a higher priority for me to get it.

Overall, I've had no issues with E. and will continue to order from them on their exclusive items. Just my thoughts...

I'm with you on this. Their decks always look great and I've bought 3 downloads from them: Jack Black, Ice Cold ACAAN, and just the other day Wrong Path by Justin Miller. Every download has been great and have been produced well. The hate for them confuses me sometimes.
5ggg
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of 5ggg
So this whole thing was a trick....to trick "us"

https://bettermarketing.pub/being-bold-i......f06373a8
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2021, 5ggg wrote:
So this whole thing was a trick....to trick "us"

https://bettermarketing.pub/being-bold-i......f06373a8

Thank you for the link!
These dirty marketing tactics are disgusting.
Ellusionist, big shame on you!
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
Morganjj
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
Hah, that really puts the furore about HTCM in context.
Fromentum
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
I think in the long term marketing like this paired with their overall attitude will definately have an effect. They won't have very loyal and long term customers. Instead mostly beginners or starters in magic who want to be the cool kid. Of course that will result into more marketing like this to get customers. Sadly that seems to be a circel and ellusionist will stay where it is and not develop into an adult serious and respected company.

So the decided on their audience and they have one. But I think most magicians grow out of that phase the more they get into magic. Only very few people stay on that level and continue to think that a persona like Madison is a propper Idol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » S.W. Erdnase vs Daniel Madison (65 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL