The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Daniel Madison is better than Erdnase! (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, MediocreMagic wrote:
[...] at least prove he can pull off those moves.[...]

I'm not good with English language, "to pull off" means "to butcher", right?
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Hold it...hold it now.........

"There is no fighting allowed in the War Room........."
from "Dr. Strangelove"
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Actually, I am surprised there is even semi-arguing on this, one of, if not the top, magic forum in the world.
If I wanted to throw down with someone, I would go to the political or NFL forums!

Jim Rose
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Dr. Strangelove was a true story.

It is well known in the underground world of high-stakes card playing that Johnny Moss slept with a copy of Expert at the Card Table under his pillow.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Mark Elsdon deciphered the Madison code:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=......&theater
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, Maxyedid wrote:

What a load of tosh.
It's a download, not a DVD.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, Artie Fufkin wrote:
Quote:

What a load of tosh.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that this is not the mystical code behind Erdnase that pundits have been trying to ascertain for the last 115 years?

Also, SW Erdnase consists of 9 letters and not 13 letters as in Daniel Madison. I think this is where Elsdon went wrong. Using 9 letters instead of 13 clarifies and validates the entire decoding procedure.

Also, even on downloads, aren't there individual videos presented making the deciphering more valid and ascertainable?

This is why I love The Gambling Spot?...always the best and most up to date mystical information.

It would not surprise me if a motion picture was in the works entitled "Madison’s Quest for Erdnase" staring AMcD as Dan Madison (without the finger rings of course). Of course, AMcD would have to grow a scraggly beard and get a few hundred tattoos. But hey, no sacrifice is too great for art. Smile
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, Artie Fufkin wrote:
Quote:

What a load of tosh.

I pointed that same thing out in the other Madison thread. But you do have to admit that Mark Elsdon's idea is an inventive and brilliant piece of sarcasm!

But Since I already posted it there, I have to make sure that I do not duplicate my post otherwise it will get deleted and not count toward the 50 posts required to see the magical Buy and Sell area.
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, tommy wrote:
All magicians, to me, are fictional characters who exhibit the art of appearing to perform absurd feats. When a magician makes an absurd claim I go along with the claim, without questioning it logically, to enter the spirit of thing, for my amusement. When I hear self-styled "ex-professionals” regaling the public, with astounding disclosures of their former wiles and wickedness, I will go along with it for my amusement, especially if it is a magician doing so. The world is their stage. Some never step out of character and stick to their fictional backstories in their daily lives. Off stage magicians can seem strange and even obnoxious, because their fictional characters are strange and determine and the way they act. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSyy07lNWug
Dai Vernon actually was a great raconteur, which is a person who tells tall stories, anecdotes in a skilfull and amusing way. I don’t question such stories; I listen to them for my amusement.
Unlike you, I do not defend or attack magical fictional characters or the stories they tell which do not exist in reality. Magicians do not exist in reality; they are not born in England or anywhere else on the planet. They are make-believe characters from the world of dreams. Fiction means "that which is invented or imagined in the mind.

I agree. One of my favorite Magicians of all time was Tommy Cooper-Comedy Magician in the 1970s and 80s. He purposely screwed up 80% of all his effects for laughs. The audience knew it ahead of time, but they loved it so much in England that he ended up with his own weekly show.

I believe this Erdanse vs. Madison exposes a clash of viewpoints in the professional magic world. To the more traditional 'Suit' Magician, Madison makes their skin crawl. To the younger generation, he is a demi-god who can do no wrong. Who is correct? Both are. I am new here, but I do believe that some here take this too seriously.

The only reason I do magic is to make people laugh and smile and have fun. If you view it that way and make money, you are not really working and that is the best situation of all. If you are in it for anything else, you are just going through the motions.

I have to make sure this post is long enough or it will get deleted and not count
toward the required 50 posts to see the magical Buy and Sell area.
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think the boys regard him as a charlatan rather than a magician and I myself do not like charlatans at all. If you are a magician then you must be careful not to cross the line into charlatanry. There some good books on charlatanry; http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=27
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
[quote]On Mar 15, 2017, tommy wrote:
I think the boys regard him as a charlatan rather than a magician and I myself do not like charlatans at all. If you are a magician then you must be careful not to cross the line into charlatanry. There some good books on charlatanry; http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=27 [/quote

I have noticed that the best creators of any follow on Magic DVD teaching series try to avoid recycling the same material. If someone does that repeatedly, then it makes it appear they are out of ideas and are just trying to feed whatever overhead monster they have created.
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Lempereur wrote:
...To the more traditional 'Suit' Magician, Madison makes their skin crawl. To the younger generation, he is a demi-god who can do no wrong...

I am not a magician but looking at and listening to Madison makes me want to vomit. To me he is a demi-god...of the grotesque and incoherent babble/filth.

If Madison is a demi-god to the younger generation, what does that say about those highly impressionable and fragile cupcakes?

Further, according to Madison, he is the greatest -- at being Dan Madison. That being the case, it seems he has set the bar very low in this instance.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Which members of the younger generation have you heard describe him as a demi-god?

apart from himself.

Tommy
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, tommy wrote:
Which members of the younger generation have you heard describe him as a demi-god?

apart from himself.

There has been a bunch on the eLLusionist forums singing his praises and a some on Youtube. "Demi-god" may be an exaggeration, maybe "he is the best no matter what anyone says". I have been out of magic for 20 years and I just returned to it a year ago. A trend that I saw that bothered me about the younger card handlers is that a large part of them have no interest in magic at all. don't get me wrong, I love watching them and I have started to incorporate a few.

The Fontaine Kid may be the best I have seen and he is into magic. He seems like a really good role model also.
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Cagliostro wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Lempereur wrote:
...To the more traditional 'Suit' Magician, Madison makes their skin crawl. To the younger generation, he is a demi-god who can do no wrong...

I am not a magician but looking at and listening to Madison makes me want to vomit. To me he is a demi-god...of the grotesque and incoherent babble/filth.

If Madison is a demi-god to the younger generation, what does that say about those highly impressionable and fragile cupcakes?

Further, according to Madison, he is the greatest -- at being Dan Madison. That being the case, it seems he has set the bar very low in this instance.

Sometimes he is hard to listen to. After Having daily phone interaction with people from many different parts of England and Europe including Russia, I got used to all the various dialects. I don't really notice it much anymore.

The Fontaine kid seems like a great role model. He has mutated extra long fingers, the kind of fingers guitar players would sell their soul for.
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
You have your 50 posts now?
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, AMcD wrote:
You have your 50 posts now?

Looks like it. Guess I will have to drop the sarcastic 50 post tagline.

The buy and sell area is not why I came here. I could go further into why I added the tag line, but I will drop it at this point.
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks. I did not know he had any such follows. I imagined that some people might find his character amusing. It is hard believe that some people take him seriously.

Charlatan, as I mean it, is somebody who wants you to believe as fact his fiction. A god is somebody with power and there are greater and lesser gods. A charlatan will often purport as fact to have some divine, gifted power.

Tommy
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
I have a good question. Has Madison ever performed at the Magic Castle?
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Have you guys not been paying attention? He has studied Erdnase for a WHOLE YEAR! Why hasn't anyone else ever tried that?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Daniel Madison is better than Erdnase! (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL