The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Key to Change (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hi everybody.

I spent all night starting at about 7:30 pm and finishing this just now at 7:59 am. I won't comment on what this is as I'm leaving it as a surprise.

I doubt anybody will use my presentation in this, and I suspect that I may even be subjected to some ridicule by those who don't understand the difference between "tricks" and REAL Magic - Mentalism. That's fine by me. If this happens to be the case, just be aware that it indicates to me exactly where on the totem pole it is that you belong. Magic and Mentalism is not just an art form for me, but a way of life and shapes my world view heavily. Magical thinking is not an easy thing to teach, but this is what I have tried to teach with this.

Also, this will always be available and remain permanently FREE as my gift to the community. Do NOT expect this to be like anything else I have shared - it isn't. Some will immediately see the value in this and "get it", other may miss it completely. If you like it, please leave a comment. It takes an insane amount of thinking, time, and effort to do these things.

This release is also pretty self revealing. If anything should ever happen to me, I would hope that you will remember me this way. I try. That's kind of what this is all about really...

As always, if you'd like a copy just send me a PM.

Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
Absolutely beautiful work Sudo! Thank you for both the thought and generosity you bring to the site. You're influence has shaped my path in these arts, and "The Key to Change" is just another example. Aren't those late nights up working on a project something? It sounds like this is overflowing with personality and dedication. Thank you again for everything you do, and for not loosing hope. It can seem so easy sometimes.

There isn't much here other than a little suggestion if you're wanting something for the tool belt, just good heartfelt writing about a couple classics. I'll leave the rest to those that read it.
Alexxander
View Profile
Elite user
Frankfurt, Germany
423 Posts

Profile of Alexxander
Dude, just write a book and sell it! Smile
This is becoming ridiculous.

Thank you so much for your time and thoughts!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Bravo Sudo! A perfect example of how the artist makes something much greater by how he engages his audience. You can ignore the patter, you can ignore the material choice, but you can't ignore the message that there is so much more we can make of our performances.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
The Magic is secondary, while the magick within the person is what matters most. Routines where a sitters makes a change in their life by using their own personal energy and the energy of surrounding elements is the creation of meaningful magick. Using a simple key as a focus point is what makes this a nice routine. There are other routines out there that uses a key, but I don’t remember one that uses the second element of this routine.

If I may, I would expand the routine by doing a small reading of the second element that is introduced at the end. It seems such a natural extension to do so…..

Best
Ray
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hi guys. I have just awoke after getting some much-needed sleep. I re-read the initial post I made for this thread (made right after finishing writing the manuscript) and I apologize for the rather terse tone of that post - it is obvious to me that I was over-tired and cranky.

Thank you for the kind words Ray, Tom, Yogi, and Alexxander. I'm glad to see that the message behind the words came through clearly - I wondered how many people wouldn't get it. This has restored some of my faith that a great number of people in the art still have an interest in such subjects.

Thanks again.

**There is still a ton of material forthcoming, so "buckle-up" folks - it's going to be a wild ride. Smile
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Regarding the reading Ray...

If you have them form the card that represents themselves as I laid out in "Eclipsed".....

Sssshh! I did NOT just say that. Did I? Oh yeah...I did. Smile

Options. Options. Options. Life is full of options - the question is simply: Which way do you want to go?
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, Alexxander wrote:
Dude, just write a book and sell it! Smile
This is becoming ridiculous.

I would. But there's only one title I'd want to use for it, which Stephen Minch already stole from me when I was only three years old back in 1977 - "Creations of a Magical Madman." Smile

I could never find a copy of it for myself. I must have signed it out from the local library about 3 dozen times - no joking. This book had a massive influence on me as a developing Mystery performer back in the early 80's. I'd die to own a copy of it now. I have such fond memories of this book. His mating ritual routine performed with an Ellis ring was wonderful reading as was his "Cups and Flies", and who can forget Milo? That book was the book that inspired me creatively more than any other book I've ever read in the art and really opened up my eyes as to how expressive and untraditional presentations *can* be. An absolute gem of a book in my opinion.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Sudo,

I tried to drop you a PM, but you're out of space. I'd love a copy of The Key To Change Smile

Regards, Steve
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi Sudo, here's the Minch-book?: https://www.amazon.com/Creations-magical......19230539

Luc
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hi Luc.

Yeah - I saw that earlier. Unfortunately I can't shop amazon. They are one of the few stupid places on the net that doesn't do paypal. Not only that, would you believe me if I told you I've only had a bank account for less than a year? I despise the banking system and everything it represents and nothing will ever change my mind about that. They'll never give me a cc, nor do I want one. If I had my way, I wouldn't even have the one I have now...but I don't have much choice about that at the moment unfortunately. I've lived almost all of my 42 years without one.

I'm still trying to figure out why a bird can freely find any good tree and build a nest but humans can't do the same. I guess it's cause we're.....sophisticated, civilized, and intelligent? Yeah, that must be it. If you ask me, the birds have got it figured out. I guess I'm a bird brain. Smile

And this bird you cannot change.

Steve, check your inbox. Smile
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Sudo, Thank you for this amazing gift. Magic at its worst is a crude means to impose social dominance over others but at its best can be transformative. You have reached for the stars with this and it exemplifies how we can strive for more than previously thought possible.
Ray Pierce
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This sounds interesting. I have none of your routines ..this would be the first. Thanks..
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Whoah, Ray. Thank you for your (actually) beautiful words. You hit the nail right on the head with that one word especially - transformation. It has been a constant recurring theme in my life lately. Thank you once again, and I'm super happy to hear that you've enjoyed it.

@Slim - There's a first for everything! Check your inbox. Smile
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Sudo,

A lovely and powerful idea that (as you caution) should be used with great care. Thank you.

Regards, Steve
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1275 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Hi Sudo, this is a shameless request driven by the praise that has been posted above : I would love to have a look at it Smile
"A friend is someone who know you well but loves you anyway" H. Lauwick
The Lynx Deck, http://jmmaries.free.fr/cervier/
Grapheeteez, on GooglePlay
Telemos the peek envelope, on SkywardMagic
Telemos en Francais sur TheMysteryStore
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
877 Posts

Profile of lin
Sudo, thank you again for sharing your work. You have a rare gift and the even rarer ability to communicate it. Magic indeed.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thank-you Steve and Lin.

Cervier - check your inbox. Smile
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
I think this is a great exercise in lateral thinking when it comes to presenting magic. While simple, it is direct, and it transcends "trick" into something meaningful. Nice work Sudo. Thanks for sharing.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Love it Sudo! Thanks for sharing! I'm fishing for prof's key now. LC has them all sold out but hopefully there will be some available soon.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Key to Change (42 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL