The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Anyone ordered from this craftsman? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
REVIEW OF THE PRO CUPS

If the following sounds negative, I don't really mean it to be. I had hoped to be able to do my favorite routine with these cups, but I can't. These cups are different enough from mainstream cups that they need their own routine. What follows is mostly a comparison between these cups and what you're used to handling.

First, these are essentially art objects, not workers. They're lovely to look at and handle, but they have their drawbacks. The saddle is not very deep and not necessarily level to the table. Three 1' balls have a hard time sitting together without falling. The attic space is also limited. The bead rolls under to an unfinished edge. For me, this means that I can't use the soft juggling balls I like for a finish, because they can hang up. A lacrosse ball (the size limit), however, drops out clean. The cups are soft, so you can hold a ball inside with some pressure.

The balls that Mike supplies with the set are as lovely as the cups. I think Mike must not be a magician, because the small balls aren't small enough and the large balls aren't large enough for a final effect.

I want to do something with these cups, but it will have to be a basic routine without sophisticated sleights. I don't know how to use the balls. I'll probabaly use other balls with these cups and loo for a way to match the balls with other cups.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
I ordered a CoB set from Artrixleather a couple of weeks ago, and today they were shipped. Mike have sent me pictures during the work and he very much seems to know something about magic... One of the cups is REALLY special and by the pics this set looks absolutely beautiful. I´ll get back when the package is here.

HÃ¥kan
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
I have a set of chopped balls from him. Very nice!
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Got them yesterday. Very, very nice. The small balls a little bit large, but they will work. Work of highest quality.

HÃ¥kan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Anyone ordered from this craftsman? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL