The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Honeybee V2-By Penguin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Googoomafint11
View Profile
New user
I actually have more than only
27 Posts

Profile of Googoomafint11
The original honeybee playing cards by penguin magic have been completely sold old, and they currently have a kickstarter running for a second version, which is from what I can see the same, but with white borders. This makes it more suitable for flipping cards over in the deck, as the previous deck had borders to the edge. I wasn't able to get my hands on the first version, and this one looks great, with a really cool metalluxe version as a stretch goal!

Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pen......in-magic
Error 404
Code _signature_ not found
EndersGame
View Profile
Special user
Reviewer EndersGame
597 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Yes, I definitely like the look of these! The chances of reaching the $20,000 required to unlock the METALLUXE version of the Honeybees don't look that great at this point though.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame

====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of magic tricks and videos <====
====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of decks of playing cards <====
====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of card & board games <====

Want me to write a review of your playing cards or magic video? Please contact me via Private Message.

"Instead of attempting to learn a great number of tricks, concentrate upon a few good tricks and master them so that their technique and their presentation is so excellent that those who see them will want to see them again." -Expert Card Technique
Dan C
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Dan C
That's a sweet card (sorry couldn't resist, grin)
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
64 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
As I mentioned in another thread the first run really are beautiful cards and a joy to handle. Whilst I can see the benefits to some of the borders, I'm happy with the first.
EndersGame
View Profile
Special user
Reviewer EndersGame
597 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Do you have the yellow and the grey backs; which do you prefer and why?

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame

====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of magic tricks and videos <====
====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of decks of playing cards <====
====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of card & board games <====

Want me to write a review of your playing cards or magic video? Please contact me via Private Message.

"Instead of attempting to learn a great number of tricks, concentrate upon a few good tricks and master them so that their technique and their presentation is so excellent that those who see them will want to see them again." -Expert Card Technique
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
64 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2017, Topov wrote:
Do you have the yellow and the grey backs; which do you prefer and why?

I have two of the same deck (grey backs). The yellow backs weren't available here.
I find the deck just very slick. They feel like a quality Bicycle deck, they spread and fan so well. I'm by no means a master cardist (in fact I'm not a cardist) but, I find these cards a joy to shuffle, deal, Elmsley etc.
I also, think the backs look very smart, not too busy and just seem to sit right in my eye if that makes sense.
I would sincerely buy more of these decks I see on the forum, but the shipping to the UK and the inevitable import duty makes it ridiculously expensive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Card Studio » » Honeybee V2-By Penguin Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL