The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Temporarily Out of Order (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Will it be available today on magic retailers? Thanks.
dr_catman
View Profile
New user
Singapore
74 Posts

Profile of dr_catman
Just seen it up on Penguin. Getting mine sent to me Smile
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
PS In the book, the Chinese shuffle is missing Kings in the first faze. FYI.
It's a good year for Mem deck users.

The next few decades should be fun.
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
The book comes with a corrections and clarifications insert which addresses the above-mentioned issue.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
I'm curious if someone could PM me the aforementioned insert and/or notes on the errors. Mine arrived from Penguin minutes ago, but sans clarifications insert or the like.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi, mine also came without any insert.
How to get it? Thanks.
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Visit the link that is printed inside the book. You will find the errata sheet links to videos and the Facebook group.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Thanks.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

That did the trick. Thanks, Rich!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Wow. Wow. Wow. Brilliant.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
I really love this. Reading OFM didn't do it justice. Seeing you perform it here was awesome. There is so much information packed into your book, Mr. Redford! I also found your deck very easy to memorize and the built in fail safes you have when memory fails is great. I have to say thank you for the forum that you have attached to the book. Seeing many of the routines performed and your explanation videos that you made available are invaluable.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Thanks Tincture. We're releasing new videos weekly of material from the book! Keep an eye out!
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
As a virgin to memorized deck work, I was intimidated to start the journey. Patrick's book, however, made it seem much more accessible. There are great effects that are possible with this stack that don't even require you to know the stack. What's more, is that the book offers great ways to memorize the stack quickly and easily as well as how to quickly get into (and out of) the stack. All in all, it is a great buy and a trove of useful information. I can't recommend this book enough.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
I should add that the Toolbox of videos he's added help immensely in aiding the learning of this material. Plus, there's a really nice invisible deck he throws in that isn't even in the book.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
The toolbox has been great! I really appreciate all of these videos and bonus thoughts! I haven't yet joined the world of facebook, is there much on the forum that would make it worth creating an account for?
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 6, 2017, tincture wrote:
Is there much on the forum that would make it worth creating an account for?

I'd have to say "yes". I've already gleaned quite a bit from it, and there are additional items posted in the files section.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Hi Patrick, good interview, I'm still half way through it, but enjoying your thinking behind the book, and now looking forward the next in the series Smile

Now, for non facebook users, is there plans to create a google group to have the same discussions? or some other web forum accessible only with password (first three words of 4th line of page 76, or something of the likes...)? I've never had facebook, nor I intend to, and it is a shame to miss contributions and interactions with others that want to use your stack. If not, will at least be some 'addendum' with ideas that come from the discussions on the group?

Thanks!!!
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
Holy Crap, Patrick just posted a deck sorting technique that gets into stack with just two deal throughs. It just popped up in the easter egg section of the online toolbox! Patrick, this is amazing. Kudos!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Temporarily Out of Order (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL