The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Split Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of MagicRichyRich
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but have always played around with magic and even performed when I was younger.
In any event, I started getting back into it and does anyone know anything about the split deck?....which I think is the "cousin" of the Invisible Deck...but you don't hear too much about it.
Is that because the deck is cut in half and spectators will already start to believe the deck is rigged in some way? Perhaps.

Does anyone know the best split deck to get? Preferably Bicycle...

thanks in advance...
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Hi; split deck is a different effect than invisible deck. Some workings of it are similar to "make it happen" but it is a different effect entirely.
You are limited to ONE outcome so it cannot be repeated for same audience. It is a nice effect and one that I used to do for quite awhile years ago. I no longer perform it as I have alternative ways of doing a similar effect but without gimmicked cards.
As for the deck being cut in half (diagonally) that lends itself to many options for patter and story line. such as;
"I ordered a deck of cards online for "half-price"....now I know why. I couldn't believe it, I opened the box and the cards came cut in half! " then proceed into performing having two people each select a card etc...
Lots of other ways you could play this and the fact the cards are cut in half. With proper audience management and performance style this can be a well played effect.
Hope some of that helps. Regardless of which way you go, practice it and your patter well and have fun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Split Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL