The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Looking for specific type marked deck ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Hope someone to help! I'm looking for a marked deck where the remaining top card in a marked deck tells me information about the last card and next card that are still in the deck. . I saw something similar in a lecture at Blackpool convention but disliked it as there was just too much info given and thus the backs of the cards were just covered in lots of markings. And I dealt we're to easy for the spectators to see.
Hope someone can help.
One Inch Man
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of One Inch Man
Have you looked at The Code by Andy Nyman? I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for, but I think it may be close.

It depends what you mean by this..

Quote:
On Mar 9, 2017, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
.. the remaining top card in a marked deck tells me information about the last card and next card that are still in the deck..

I assume you mean, after cutting, the 'remaining top card' is the one still on top of the uncut portion (the talon, if you will), the 'last card' is the card cut to (at the face of the cut portion) and the 'next card' is presumably the one below the 'remaining top card'. Is that what you're looking for?

For what it's worth, I believe the best way to achieve this would be any marked deck in any memorised stack order.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
What you are looking for is the S.U.M. Deck by Roy Johnson.
As an example:
1 - with the deck in your hands, you know the value of the top and bottom card;
2 - split the deck into 2, so you have one half and the spectator the other.
You instantly know the top and bottom card in both packets.
3 - if the deck is cut and the card taken at the cut, you instantly know what card was taken, what card was below the one just taken, and what card was above the card just taken ...

the bikes are standard Phoenix backs - the necessary information excellent ...

wulfiesmith
One Inch Man
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of One Inch Man
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, wulfiesmith wrote:
What you are looking for is the S.U.M. Deck by Roy Johnson...

I can't believe I forgot to mention that!
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Thank you both wulfie and one inch.
That's exactly what I'm looking for.
I will order one now.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Looking for specific type marked deck ? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL