The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Craig Petty and Murphy's planning something special (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Also I'd like to see you present your own 'weekly' review show. I think it'd be very popular and unbiased, unlike the WPR.

Lol. Aren't there a bunch of review shows already. For me to do that it would have to be offering something that other shows aren't offering.

But I've been away for a while maybe there aren't as many as I thought.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for the welcome back guys.

From posts on FB I'm seeing a lot of people wanting info on marketing and getting gigs.

Is that right?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Craig,

It's nice to see you are coming back with a new focus. You definitely have a lot of magic talent. I think Chopped was really revolutionary.

Welcome back.

KJ
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, 1KJ wrote:
Craig,

It's nice to see you are coming back with a new focus. You definitely have a lot of magic talent. I think Chopped was really revolutionary.

Welcome back.

KJ

Thanks. I'm in a good place. I got to a point where the commercial side of magic was my life and it was damaging. Now my focus in on speaking and running my business. Although I perform it's a lot less than ever before. It means I can come me back and have fun with this stuff without it taking over my life. Which is important as at the end of the day magic should be fun, right!

Craig
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Maxy wrote:
Welcome back Craig! Smile

Looking forward for your lecture .

Welcome Back!
Always enjoyed your candid and valuable magic reviews!
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I always enjoyed your reviews on the WPR, as well. Glad you're back, Craig. We missed you.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. "Red" was a little bit of a fiasco, but nothing you have ever done or said has ever offended me.

I'd love to see your favorite close-up effects from the past and present in the lecture, myself.

Robert

PS - Just one thing. Is Dave ever going to admit that "Synopsasize" isn't a real word??? Smile
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Crqaig,

THank you for your comments. I would like to echo what Robert M posted. I would like to see the clsoe-up, coins, and cards effects you have professionally used in your stand-up, strolling, partiies, and weddings gigs. In addition, I would like your views as to what makes for good effects to be used at these types of venues, how to approach a group and/or table, what effects you should open and close-with. In addition, it would be nice to hear your own experiences, successes, failures, and advice on how to get more shows. YOu have a great eal of practical expeience. IT would be great if you can share your experience and what you have learned in the trenches and provide practical business advice on the business aspects of magic and performing.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Craig
It would be good to see you present/teach a short set for both strolling and tables. People may not want to learn every trick, but this way you can demonstrate your thoughts on approach, flow and finishing.

Thanks
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Really good to see you back Craig. Glad you are in a good place, you were never in a bad place with me mate. I'd like to hear about integrating routines into your speaking engagements. What type of routines and how many. Do you interchange routines using the same keynote speech. Marketing as well. Thanks
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
Why did you leave in the first place??? The guy you used to do the review with has set himself up as the expert magic trick man and talks over everyone else during the review. People that are interested in magic leave because more and more magicians don't want to help others and all have Superior attitudes.
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Pocket Management during a walk around gig would be great, especially when considering your huge 'A' material in play
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, King14 wrote:
Why did you leave in the first place??? The guy you used to do the review with has set himself up as the expert magic trick man and talks over everyone else during the review. People that are interested in magic leave because more and more magicians don't want to help others and all have Superior attitudes.

I left the WPR as I wanted to focus on my life outside of the magic community. I had goals I wanted to achieve and can couldn't focus while I was spending so much time doing other stuff. I couldn't have achieved what I have in the last four years if I was still on the WPR.

Now however I have more time which is why I'm doing this lecture. Dave Penn is a very knowledgable magician and knows more than most. He can speak over people sometimes but don't let that worry you!
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Welcome back, Craig.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for all your kind words guys.

I have taken all your thoughts on board and submitted my set list to Murphy's. I'm going to address certain performing conditions and routines that work in those conditions. It will allow me to talk about everything everyone has asked via the use of tricks. Then we can discuss marketing in the Q&A section. Is there anything in particular people want to know from a marketing POV.

Thanks again for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

Craig.
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Craig,

The suggestions above are all great, IMHO. One additional request I have (if you could squeeze it in) would be any updates to how you are using Chop, or ideas that others have brought to your attention as to how they are using Chop, that you think are worth sharing.

At any rate welcome back, and I am looking forward to this!
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Welcome back Craig - I truly appreciate your honesty and candor, and it seems like your time away from magic served you well. It takes a lot of guts to admit you were ever wrong, and it is an ability that many have never learned how to do. I am looking forward to your lecture, and all of the insightful information you will be offering.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Marketing please. Infusionsoft, funnels etc!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2017, Craig Petty wrote:
Thanks guys. I'm serious that I want this to be something everyone can watch and enjoy. I put a post on FB earlier and I'll copy and paste it below.

If you have any ideas let me know.

Copy of post

"So I mentioned yesterday I'm doing a few projects for various magic companies. One of which is an At The Table Lecture for Murphy's.

My question is what would you guys like to see. If you a magician what would float your boat?

Material I have published in the past
Unpublished material I've never shared
Workers or magic for magicians
Marketing advice on how to get more gigs and grow a large company
Close Up
Stage
Kids routines
Coins / cards.

Help me plan the lecture YOU guys want to see!

I'm open to all ideas as long as you don't tell me to explain RED!!

Cheers guys."

First of all it's great to see you back, with regards to the lecture I would like to see a mixture of real world practical magic for both close up and parlor ie coins, cards ropes etc
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Looking forward to your return Craig. Hope it wil be the first of many.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Your handling of Murray Mint.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Craig Petty and Murphy's planning something special (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL