The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3Fly.. Thoughts? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Do you like (i) doing; (ii) watching 3Fly? What do you actually like about it? All comments welcome!

https://youtu.be/SkLHclgmlvg
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Well done
Thanks for giving it a kicker ending with the production at the end. Most 3 fly routines bore me to tears but this was great!
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1187 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
That was great. Didn't see that coming.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Regular user
prototype
199 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Very Nice. I thought it was decent as is despite not showing much of the emptiness of the hands, but the ending erased it all.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2489 Posts

Profile of fonda57
That was fantastic
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7498 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quite surprising! Good job! Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5016 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Nice video. Thanks for showing it!

Jim
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, evikshin wrote:
Well done
Thanks for giving it a kicker ending with the production at the end. Most 3 fly routines bore me to tears but this was great!

Thank you. That was part of my reason for spicing things up. I hope your comment (being the first) doesn't ruin the surprise for other viewers..
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1607 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Very nice, Kenedho! Great surprise ending. Thanks for sharing that.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, kenedho wrote:
Quote:
Well done

Thank you. That was part of my reason for spicing things up. I hope your comment (being the first) doesn't ruin the surprise for other viewers..

I'm pretty sure it won't. thanks
Reonaru
View Profile
New user
Venezuela
70 Posts

Profile of Reonaru
Bravo !!!
Leonard Rangel

@coinjuror

www.LEONARDRANGEL.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26383 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you're comfortable holding out while doing the coins across... you might like the Ramsay Coins in the Hat trick Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, evikshin wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, kenedho wrote:
Quote:
Well done

I'm pretty sure it won't. thanks

I actually saw the comment before the video, but had no idea. I was expecting a production of one (maybe three) jumbo coins, not what you did. Fantastic!

The final patter could do with a little tightening (or levity, if you start pulling coins out of your ears), but I particularly liked the final line about it being your setup. Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13044 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Man that was funny.
Very good sense of humor.

Thank you for the laugh!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of kenedho
I'm glad you like it - more importantly I hope it was worthy of a laugh... Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4461 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
You know as you are doing What you are Doing!!! Why do your hands have to touch ??? You got them There You mite as well use them!!! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, David Neighbors wrote:
You know as you are doing What you are Doing!!! Why do your hands have to touch ??? You got them There You mite as well use them!!! Smile

It was intentional... Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26383 Posts

David, it's interesting to see where he takes the hold-and-hide strategy. Ramsay did a coins in hat effect. Kaps did a two coin transposition, ...

Onward ☺

Please, not two in the hand one in the pocket repeat... LOL.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1005 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Good stuff!

Thanks for sharing.
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
David, it's interesting to see where he takes the hold-and-hide strategy. Ramsay did a coins in hat effect. Kaps did a two coin transposition, ...

Onward ☺

Jonathan, my pleasure that you watched my Fingertips Coins Across! Where can I find your manuscripts please Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4461 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

Onward ☺

WHAT !!! You Don't Want A half Hr. Coin Routine ??? Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Excellent work! Love the ending Smile
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1211 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Reminds me of Dean Dill's Explosion
Wes
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7498 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Wes! Where you been? Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26383 Posts

Get the most magic from your skill. Jugglers show off skill. Making something magical happen is like the thoughtful gift - the work is behind the scenes.

The item you probably want to explore is in Andrew Galloway's book "The Ramsay Legend"

Others, including Reed McClintock have explored doing tricks where you have lots of coins to produce. Check out his Knucklebusters for some ideas Smile
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
709 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Great!
Ado
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
914 Posts

Profile of Ado
Bad timing 22 seconds in when you do the move. Too much tension when it happens.
You always look at the camera, never at your hands or your audience (video should not be an excuse for non-realistic performance).
50 seconds in, your left hand looks awkward, since it's now (supposed to be) empty. It really caught my attention.
At 1.19 the French drop kind of handling is not natural. Why don't you jsut put the coin on the table by turning this hand down? (I'm not familiar with the gimmick; I believe a clip is behind that coin?)

P!
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, Ado wrote:
Bad timing 22 seconds in when you do the move. Too much tension when it happens.
You always look at the camera, never at your hands or your audience (video should not be an excuse for non-realistic performance).
50 seconds in, your left hand looks awkward, since it's now (supposed to be) empty. It really caught my attention.
At 1.19 the French drop kind of handling is not natural. Why don't you jsut put the coin on the table by turning this hand down? (I'm not familiar with the gimmick; I believe a clip is behind that coin?)

P!

I agree with all of your criticisms! I think you've got good eyes - it annoys me having to re-watch the performance for the exact same reasons.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, Ado wrote:

P!

I think the one at 0:50 is *supposed* to look suspicious - it accentuates the final reveal.
I didn't see any french drop at 1:19, though it does need to hide the final silver coin.
As far gimmicks go, from my view of the routine, there are none. But kenedho could confirm, if he feels like it.
Ado
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
914 Posts

Profile of Ado
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
I didn't see any french drop at 1:19, though it does need to hide the final silver coin.

No, there is no drop, but there's a similar display.

I should've added that I liked the routine otherwise. I just wanted to mentions points that I believe could be improved.

P!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3Fly.. Thoughts? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL