The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Mark Setteducati - revamped site (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1723 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On May 18, 2017, Richard Kaufman wrote:
John, would you share that info with me?

Quote:
On May 18, 2017, J M Talbot wrote:
Simon is going to share a few more thoughts with me on other routines when he has some time. Am sure he would share the same info with others if you flip him a PM.

Sure, I will be pleased to share the info with any Mr Creepy owner who might be interested. It is not a direct translation of the instructions, but more like a quick "guide" to go thru everything (or most of it), step by step, especially if you don't speak French...

I have written brief instructions for 5 of the 10 tricks so far (+ differences between the classic and the expert modes, the different functions / buttons, etc.)

Just drop me a PM if you are interested.

Simon Smile
MW Table of contents: Click Here
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2599 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Very nice of Simon to provide some English instuctions... I would have had no clue without them... I know I am opening myself up for jokes there Smile

This is actually a pretty sophisticated piece of electronic magic.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
556 Posts

Profile of Inert
Simon's a good bloke I'd say. You can never go wrong with a Canadian eh. Cheers to fellowship & goodwill. Smile
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
519 Posts

Profile of pierredan
I am very impressed with Mr. Creepy, but not as impressed as I am with my fellow English speaking magicians who are trying to understand it speak in a Parisian French accent.

This would be wondeful toy for the English market. Compared to a lot of toys, this $15 Euro toy is an amazing deal. I find it hard to believe that there is no market in Canada or the US for a similarly priced item.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2268 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Ah, but it's only 15 euros because they're dumping them.
I believe the actual retail price would be about $35 US.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
556 Posts

Profile of Inert
Mark Setteducati's electronic output consists of:

Milton Bradley's Electronic Talking Magic Works series from 19995
* Guardian of the Grave
* Secret of the Sphinx
* Spirit in the Coffin
I believe these 3 items were the very 1st electronic talking effects ever in the history of magic.

Goliath toy company 2015
* Psychic Skull aka Mr. Creepy Mentalist

My point is, I've never fully realized or appreciated the complete uniqueness of these creations until recently. A true gift of ingenuity to the magic community. After several searches, I have failed to uncover anything even remotely similar in content or context to these works. Hats off to Mark Setteducati I say. Has anyone ever unearthed anything even close to these items in their travels?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1866 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
If only Mark could sell his ideas to a manufacturer like Magic Wagon, Francois Danis or others ... . Beautifully crafted, high quality ... I'd buy them in an instant.
But I don't even know if Mark still has the copyright to these tricks ... .
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1723 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2017, Inert wrote:
(...) After several searches, I have failed to uncover anything even remotely similar in content or context to these works. Hats off to Mark Setteducati I say. Has anyone ever unearthed anything even close to these items in their travels?

Guardian of the Grave by Wellington Enterprises, maybe?
MW Table of contents: Click Here
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
556 Posts

Profile of Inert
Absolutely true enough eh David. All 3 would be eye-catching in a high end edition. Between you & I, that'd be at least 2 sets sold right off the hop. I say you quit teaching outright & start the project. This will also free you up for more frequent updates to your stellar Tenyo site too. Solid plan?

Hi Simcoscor (Simon I believe). Canadian too I think (Yeah, we're lucky stiffs eh). Thanks for taking the time. This is a high end adaptation if I understand correctly. Somewhere down the crazy river, I heard that the coffin does the talkin' in this version. The format of the effect must be modified somehow to accommodate this. Any play experience on this mate?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1866 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, Inert wrote:
I say you quit teaching outright & start the project. This will also free you up for more frequent updates to your stellar Tenyo site too. Solid plan?

Let me think about that for a while ... I'll come back to you in a few years Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2268 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2017, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2017, Inert wrote:
(...) After several searches, I have failed to uncover anything even remotely similar in content or context to these works. Hats off to Mark Setteducati I say. Has anyone ever unearthed anything even close to these items in their travels?

Guardian of the Grave by Wellington Enterprises, maybe?

"Guardian of the Grave" by Wellington is made with Mark Setteducati's permission. Same trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Mark Setteducati - revamped site (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL