The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash Notes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Evening ladies and gents

I bought a few flash notes recently (£20 notes) and they are absolutely atrocious. They flash perfectly fine, but the printing is dire.

Is this standard with flash notes(do the properties of flash paper not allow for good quality printing), or did I just buy a bad lot?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, if they are a prefect printing, it is considered counterfeit. That is why they only print on side as well.

Flash notes are usually used in stand-up performances, not handed out or shown under their nose unless it is moved quickly or folded.

You should have seen the bills used in the 1970's, they had dragons on them, printed in green. Today you are so lucky to have such a fine product to use for magic.

It is the performers job to make magic props work for their use.

https://www.magicworld.co.uk/flash-money......ick.html

Is this the bills you are referring to: https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Flash-20-Euro-Notes.html
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
If you think those are bad, you should see the ones they sell in the US. Only printed in one color: BRIGHT GREEN! The ones I have tried did't burn well either, but that was many years ago. At least the pound notes are done in color. I had never seen flash bills that I would be comfortable using, even on stage with the 'Galloping Horse Theory' in full force*. Counterfeiting is one thing, but these weren't even close.

Alright, after an internet search, I have found that they have improved considerably. Color me impressed! Still, at a $1 each... wow.

*Galloping Horse Theorem:

"If you can't see it from on top of a galloping horse, it doesn't matter."

Phrase used in technical theater to keep techs from getting lost in too many details
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash Notes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL