The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Whiskey Sized Glass Production With Liquid In IT (NOT SHOT GLASS) (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bpearce
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of bpearce
That sounds hilarious! Although now I am picturing what it would actually be like, to do that at movie theater for real haha. Before you take your seat, you just turn around to your friends and produce it. I can neither confirm nor deny that that sounds tempting LOL.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
7330 Posts

Profile of funsway
There is a different method I developed when I was 15. Performing for an audience of senior dignitaries in my town I was prepared. One man coughed several times.
I happened to be starting a Linking Rings, but could have happened any time. I announced, "I think that gentleman needs a bit of wine."

I placed the rings over my left arm and produced a stem glass of wine at my fingertips. My assistant (younger sister) came up with a tray on which I placed the glass.
She took it down to the man who sipped it and toasted the crowd.

This could have been a highball glass or Pilsner beer glass. No foulard, no risk of spill or fumbling with a cover -- magic, right?

No -- just realize that the glass carried and produced does not have to be the same one handled to a spectator -- a Utility Switch.

Many ways to accomplish this according to conditions. In my presentation the glass held stiff Jello rather than wine. Looks the same and even sloshes a bit, but no cover.
This was in my left pocket with the base up. With the rings in my right hand a grabbed the based with the curled fingers of left hand and base against palm.
When I turned to my right and held out my left arm the glass was behind my wrist/arm with finger point at the rings.
I then placed the rings over my left arm and make a sweeping motion with my right hand. By rotating my left hand the galls 'appeared' on my open fist balanced by my thumb.

My assistant had a duplicate glass by her left side as she approached with the tray, waving it to the crowd. As she walked past, not stopping, I 'handed her the glass'.
Actually, she just raised her glass to meet my empty right hand as I flipped my glass back into hidden position. With the glass on the tray and carefully balanced as she descended the steps
I was able to claim the rings in my right hand and replace the glass in my pocket.

for your routine the real glass of whiskey could just by on a table behind some prop. Produce the fake one by any convenient method - even a plastic half-glass on a TT.
Then, find an excuse to set it down and make the switch. Seated at a table I might have the real glass in lap with a cover removed just before the production.
Then the fake is produced dramatically and handed to the spectator with right hand -- making a Utility Switch in the process and umping the fake.

The point is -- producing a glass of liquid is difficult -- so, don't. Smile
"there is real merit in the magician who tries to be creative – from such endeavors magic sustains its life energy." Harold Rice

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
173 Posts

Profile of Hayre
I have performed both the Osterlind version, and Barry Richardson's version. Both require a coat.... Osterlind's requires a cover to hold liquid in the glass. A cover is not necessary in Barry's. In Osterlind's you must remove the coat as you make the steal into the bag. In Richardon's the glass is produced as part of the act of removing the coat. Osterlind's is harder and more impressive. Richardson's is easier, but not quite as impressive. Neither require any holders or clips.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Whiskey Sized Glass Production With Liquid In IT (NOT SHOT GLASS) (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL