The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22~23~24 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, WDavis wrote:
I see,

So basically, the worry is coming from walking in blind to the convention and not being familiar with relationship selling.
So lets fix that, working a convention is the same regardless of the industry:

This is perhaps the MOST expensive advice I have ever seen written on this board.

Hopefully Robert will chime in.

But it seriously is not as easy as take them out for coffee.

See Tom? This is me hoping Robert chines in. How can you say I don't like you recommending him to talk to?

That is either a lie or a reading comprehension problem you have.

So an apology might be in order. I don't hold my breath.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
You right about that post, you were attaching Walter’s ‘opinion’ there and not mine.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And recommending Robert.

Apology from you for telling lies?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Yep, you recommend Robert, and that was good.

I recommended Robert too, but you insist mine is just an uninformed lack of experience opinion.

Oh well,

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So no apology for the lie. Thought so.

Can't even be an adult and admit a mistake. No wonder nobody takes you seriously.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
There was no lie Danny. I never said that you didn’t recommend Robert.
I Said 'I' recommended him, and you went on to say that you didn’t respect anything I said.
See how you twist things. It's almost funny.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
"I recommend Robert here to Mike and you didn’t like that."

A DIRECT quote from you and this is a lie. Use all the bs excuses you want Tom it is a lie.

Yet another thread Tom drags off into the swamp and drowns with his bs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
I think I can understand Danny's reservations from my statement as words can illicit unforeseen responses.

As I understand it, Danny's concerns of people blindly taking advise from random sources and costing them their livelihood or family well being stems from genuine concern for people. This is a good thing. I also am of the same concern, which is why I focus on providing principles of approach rather than a recipe of actions. Using the example above, I focused on the core principles of the actions at each possible stage. In other words, I focus on providing the underlying foundation rather then just providing a recipe of steps.

My approach in doing so is because I believe people need to earn their gain and not just get spoon fed answers. This will let them appreciate their results. Furthermore, I can see how it could create the reaction Danny had of "it being more then just taking them for a cup of coffee" he is correct it is, but I can't hold someone's hand all the way thru when they network at a mixer, convention, trade show, event, etc. and it is just like I wouldn't hold someone's hand thru their own magic show.

I was once questioned whether I was positioning myself to be a guru and sell something to magicians, I responded that I wasn't going to. I think I'll be clear here as to my reasons for not doing so, apart from fulfilling a promise to Bob Cassidy and teaching magicians the business side of things, I don't believe the majority of magicians can actually think critically despite how much they claim to be clever. See my reasoning is based on the fact magicians follow prescriptions of techniques to reproduce effects. Very few are actually capable of transcending the technique. And techniques are many but principles are few. Which has led to much of the fighting here in tricky, fighting over techniques without understanding the principles that govern the techniques.

This is why I said it's the same regardless of the industry, the principles that govern effective networking are the same, did I plainly state the principles? No, but I tried to show them clearly, if the reader takes the time to think critically about what I said and how it's used in their scenario. I will excuse myself again.

And if people are offended that I am saying most don't think critically, I really don't care that's your opinion of me. As for opinions, mine is most don't think critically and get caught up in bs that doesn't matter and just wastes time energy and money.

Walter
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny,

My words, “My advice is to stick with Robert and his advice, as you know he too was a street performer and he can guide you better than anybody on here. But in the end it's going to be up to YOU to do what needs to be done.”

Your words on the very next post, “I guess we will see who the joke is after he has spent all that money. Taking encouragement from you who has never done what he is trying is one way to go.”

Please tell me Danny, why my advice was so wrong?

Show me anywhere on here where I have ever offered anyone bad advice. You can't. What I try to do here is encourage others to do their very best at what it is they do. That is all that I do.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:

Show me anywhere on here where I have ever offered anyone bad advice. You can't. What I try to do here is encourage others to do their very best at what it is they do. That is all that I do.

Tom

You encourage without even knowing what it is you are encouraging. THAT is expensive advice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Tom, you are advising someone on who to listen to (and who not to) about the fair market based on you having no knowledge or experience yourself in the market (I don't mean doing a fair or two yourself if you ever did). So it is advising someone from a position of nothing other than your own personal opinion or belief. That can be offering direction and encouragement that can do damage. It's one thing to talk about something you don't know or do/have not experienced yourself, but to then advise and encourage can be very damaging.

That is the point trying to be made.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Oh I get it, I am not qualified to ‘recommend’ someone that I think would be a good fit.
Even someone that I have known for about 20 years.

Exactly how many years of experience do you need to ‘recommend’ someone else?

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Make up more bs now.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, WDavis wrote: I focus on providing the underlying foundation rather then just providing a recipe of steps. Walter

I agree with this as well as the general content of your post.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Make up more bs now.

What did I make up?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That it upset me you recommended Robert.

That, like almost everything you past is drastically uninformed and a lie.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Maybe I need to start putting a disclaimer on all my posts.

“Warning these words of encouragement may ruin your life.”

Or something like that. Second thought, nah I don't think so.

Tom
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
It's a shame you take this so lightly.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
That’s what happens when it all becomes a joke.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No that is what happens when you try push an agenda at all costs.

Your posts should come with a warning yes. "My alleged experience is 40 years old and I was never able to become anything following my own advice 24 hours a day 7 days a week. How can you expect to do better?"
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (52 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL