We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1881 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, cbguy wrote:
...and since I mentioned the subject of help. I can count the people who have been helpful over the years on one hand.
Here is a list:
1. Bob Brown
2. Celeste (Evans) Bryene
3. Jimmy Kryszac (I know I spelled his last name wrong, but he would just make a joke about it)
4. Don Driver
5. Robert Smith
One of the things I've learned from my failures is what to look for in someone that is trustworthy and truly helpful. Two key features that everyone on my list have in common is they all displayed humbleness and gratitude. I'm not saying anything negative about anyone who has contributed here. What I am saying is in Robert, I see the attributes that I also seen in the first four people on the list above. That instantly gets my respect and attention.

You have a very short list. Whose fault is that?
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8223 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Some good observations throughout this thread from charliecheckers I must say, especially in his findings of the current state of Tricky Business based on his recent research and reflection.

As far as the topic of this thread, you should really gain a true understanding of what coaching is and then must decide if it is for you or not. No, all coaches are not the same - in approach or in content, so finding the right coach for you is perhaps most important. It is really quite simple. However, thinking you know or can find all the answers yourself on your own, not to mention a structure, is quite limiting and perhaps even unrealistic for many looking for more immediate progress, direction or solutions without committing maybe a decade of time to try to figure it out on their own. And if you do, even then, you likely will not know as much as you may think you do. Just putting in the time does not give or assure you knowledge or the info you may be seeking.
cafecheckers
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
In forming my decision to pursue entertainment full time upon graduating from school I had to take a hard look at the numbers. Looking at what it costs to own a home, car, invest in retirement, life insurance, disability insurance, healthcare, dental, children, food, clothing, cell phone, utilities, home insurance, auto insurance, tax bills, medical bills, pharmacy costs (and the list goes on) was intimidating and a reality check. I had to be honest with myself and say that unless I created a new approach, I would not likely be able to cover such expenses by just doing more of the same. I know there are many who have landed on the same space and chose to work another job full time and entertain part time. Still others choose to do without some of the items I listed or have another (ex: wife, husband) pay for them. For me, the right thing to do was conceptualize ways to grow diversly in a structured way and hire someone to offer assistance. The fact that I already knew who the right person was made the decision a whole lot easier.
Perhaps a broader question to ask here is: When an honest assesment of current business leaves one short of their needs or desires, what do they do to address it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL