The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » AMcD Has Left the Gambling Spot (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
It is my understanding that AMcD has left the Gambling Spot BB for an indeterminate period of time and deactivated all his videos links, including those recent links on grips and Faro Shuffles.

He felt he was disrespected and offended and will no longer post, once again for an indeterminate period of time.

This is indeed unfortunate as AMcD made valuable contributions to this Forum and his absence will be greatly missed.

We think he should reconsider but respect whatever decision he makes in this regard.

We thank him for his contributions and efforts on this BB and certainly wish him the very best in all his future endeavors.
cbharrelson
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of cbharrelson
Cag I second that I have always enjoyed Arnold's contribution.
Peterson
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Peterson
But why did YOU wrote about it and not himself?

Well if someone wants to spark this place up he can make video competitions on some moves for 2$ paypal reward or something. Just an idea. I know I know, the moves have nothing to do with real world conning/cheating but everyone lately seems to talk about that sort of video stuff.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2017, Peterson wrote:

But why did YOU wrote about it and not himself?

I don't know why.

He notified me. Maybe he does not want to post anything anymore.

I don't know. I am just informing the members with the information I have.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I've known Arnold for a long time here on the forum, and his knowledge and experience have always been most welcome here.
I always enjoy my own conversations with Arnold, even if we don't agree on everything we discuss ... and I believe Arnold feels exactly the same way about me.

But folks have to understand that people make their own choices in life, and those choices are all based on their own perception of what's going on around them.

In my time here in the Gambling Spot, I've seen folks get into small arguments, but to be honest I've never seen anybody disrespected to the point that I'd be concerned that they were being "ganged up on", or "bullied".
Arnold would no doubt disagree with me on that point, and I respect his disagreement for exactly what it is ... his point of view, something to which he is 100% entitled to.

Hopefully Arnold will return ... but if he were gone for good, he certainly wouldn't be the first long time Gambling Spot user to leave permanently ... there's been lots of great guys who were regulars here, and who have indeed left for good.

Such departures are never "the end" of the Gambling Spot, although they certainly could herald some major changes as to who posts here, and how often they choose to post here.
For those who have been around since the start of the forum, they will intrinsically be aware that the forum is different today than it was a few years ago, and far different than it was in its heyday.

So on we go.
dapo24
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of dapo24
I'll miss his posts :/ Does anyone know if he's still working on his booklets? And is he active anywhere else?
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2017, Artie Fufkin wrote:

...In my time here in the Gambling Spot, I've seen folks get into small arguments, but to be honest I've never seen anybody disrespected to the point that I'd be concerned that they were being "ganged up on", or "bullied"...

I did not mean to represent that Arnold felt he was "bullied" or "ganged up on." If I created that impression in my post above, it was not intended. Rather it is my understanding that Arnold left because he was disrespected by one member which caused him to leave.

Sometimes opposing or confrontational posts can be irritating and people react according to their particular sensitivities. What is an affront to one person would be a laughing matter or humorous challenge to another. So be it.

Once again I would like Arnold to reconsider but respect his decision whichever way he ultimately decides.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I know there are many on this board that would like to stay in touch with AMcD and communicate with him regarding questions they may have or to keep updated on his forthcoming projects. Here is the link to his Facebook page which is his preferred method of communication.

https://www.facebook.com/arnold.mcdonald.58

Arnold is a very prolific, skillful and knowledgeable guy and very helpful to those who are sincere in achieving higher levels of card table mastery.

The offending and disrespectful posts towards Arnold have been deleted and possibly (I don't know for this for sure) the offending party has been banned for a while from posting. Possibly that will give Arnold incentive to come back on the board. This is a public forum and anyone can post here. Since most are hidden behind their screen names it can embolden some to say things or act in a way that is less than desirable.

However, there will always be some friction from time to time among members. People are not always at their best all the time. That is just the nature of things.

We'll see what happens next.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Hmmmm, I obviously missed a few posts related to Arnold's departure.

The apparently deleted posts Cag references above must have been deleted prior to my having a chance to read them ... so perhaps I misspoke above when I said that I'd not read anything blatantly insulting towards Arnold.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
I'm sorry to hear about Arnold. Having said that, someone in his status, being respected for his knowledge, and skill (I hope Arnold is reading this), I wouldn't take anything personal and leave a forum. This is a place to express opinions, and some people can come across as disrespectful, I've experienced that myself on this forum a number of times, but that has never prevented me from leaving or posting on the Café'. I hope he comes back and keeps on posting as often as possible, he's certainly one of my favourites.
Lempereur
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Lempereur
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2017, ImpromptuBoy wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about Arnold. Having said that, someone in his status, being respected for his knowledge, and skill (I hope Arnold is reading this), I wouldn't take anything personal and leave a forum. This is a place to express opinions, and some people can come across as disrespectful, I've experienced that myself on this forum a number of times, but that has never prevented me from leaving or posting on the Café'. I hope he comes back and keeps on posting as often as possible, he's certainly one of my favourites.

I guess I missed them also. I am a recent newbie here and compared to the political, computer game, and sports forums, this banter here is very mild and extremely instructive. I too am sad to see him go. PLEASE COME BACK!
Smile
Cordially Yours,

Jim Rose
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
Again???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » AMcD Has Left the Gambling Spot (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL