The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DANI DAORTIZ - Inside The Vault (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Dani DaOrtiz
Inside The Vault

http://www.ellusionist.com/inside-the-va......tiz.html

ACCESS TO 7 NEVER BEFORE SEEN EFFECTS

He walked into the studio. 30 minutes later our jaws were on the floor.

This man's knowledge and ability is unparalleled.

DaOrtiz has a certain amount of material. Some of it he's released.

But there is more he keeps to himself, much more.

After many talks back and forth, we convinced him to part with a bit of it, allowing you to get inside this new vault for a look around.

7 unique effects that can be performed by themselves, or strung together into a hit making routine.

You'll learn how to:

- Precisely predict a single card handed to you under the table.

- Reveal a card at any random number, without a stack or force.

- Have 3 spectators freely stop at their thought of cards.

- Match the position of a thought of card in 2 shuffled decks.

- Produce a freely chosen card in any manner they choose.

- + Much much more...

It's not the particular method of the effect that makes his performance so strong. But these simple tricks are filled with nuances that convert them into miracles.

Dani's tips of forcing and timing are worth the price of the project alone.

As a student of Juan Tamariz, Dani's attitude to card magic has been shaped extensively... because of this he's 5 steps ahead of you at any given moment, which is a huge part of the secret to his performance.

These are tricks that you never knew existed. Now you'll know HOW.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Wow Tim, you made my day or rather week thank you in fact I'm so happy I want to give you a gift see your pm
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
The trailer is so NOT Dani...
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
The trailer is very Ellusionist.

If Ellusionist shot a trailer of my grandmother making tea, it would probably look pretty similar.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
There's a full performance of 1 of 7 effects HERE : https://youtu.be/P7HYEXh46D8

Dani is amazing.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Great stuff.

I love Dani's work -- his construction, his style, his methods, his thinking, his psychology, his personality.

All of it.
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
Just watched it. If ellusionist is watching this thread: The background music during explanation was rather disturbing than helpful.
The content however is Dani through and through. Many timing forces involved and excellent audience management.
So if you like Dani´s stuff, you will like this download as well.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I'll be honest - I didn't even notice the background music while watching it today. I assume it's the standard stuff?

I love watching DaOrtiz work. He takes the concept of "natural" to a level that is rarely matched these days, and watching his explanations you really get to understand why he giggles all the way through his performances.

Brilliant stuff. Makes me want to put card work back into my shows.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
This is just fantastic

Paul
DuanePaul
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of DuanePaul
I absolutely love this!

Full of strong yet easy to master effects I feel anyone from a novice to a working professional will take something away from.

Dani DaOrtiz is a master at what he does and in the performance video you get to see why, he is full of his usual character, charisma and charm.

Dani teaches everything extremely well and leaves no stone unturned, not only explaining each move and sleight but the reasons behind them which just shows how incredible his mind is and not only gives you a greater understanding of the effect but a greater understanding of magic as well.

The whole thing is shot brilliantly, clearly and as if you are actually sat across the table from Dani in a private session with him.

I can't recommend Inside The Vault enough and it is absolutely worth EVERY single penny.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I will try to give an in depth review in the next few days, but I will say for now:

I love this. Dani is a genius. The simplicity of the effects always amaze me because the impression they leave an audience is unparalleled. Each effect on this project could be a reputation maker. Genuinely. Study everything Dani says and take it to heart. That man is a magic genius. He will fool you again and again and again with the same technique. It's pretty amazing.

If you care anything about card magic, buy this.
Madison
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
I will try to give an in depth review in the next few days, but I will say for now:

I love this. Dani is a genius. The simplicity of the effects always amaze me because the impression they leave an audience is unparalleled. Each effect on this project could be a reputation maker. Genuinely. Study everything Dani says and take it to heart. That man is a magic genius. He will fool you again and again and again with the same technique. It's pretty amazing.

Madison

^Agreed.

Honestly I admit for a moment I wasn't going to buy this. I have almost, if not all, of his material already. So I know a lot of his methods, techniques and psychology. I ended up buying this just because they said this is all unpublished material.

After watching the full performance alone, I was so happy I ended up buying this. Despite knowing a lot of dani's work and what to look out for.. he still fooled the crap out of me (of course). I was literally laughing out loud at some of the effects here just because of how utterly amazing it is to watch.

Card on box has to be my favorite routine on here along with his somewhat different handlings of numerical coincidence. Everything on here is a gem though.

Bottom line, if it has Dani's name on it, you really can't go wrong. Highly recommended.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, jamo425 wrote:

I have almost, if not all, of his material already.

Despite knowing a lot of dani's work and what to look out for.. he still fooled the crap out of me (of course). I was literally laughing out loud at some of the effects here just because of how utterly amazing it is to watch.

I am surprised by this comments. I have most of Dani's works (not all) and can state that I can't get fooled by his stuff anymore... At least on video... I already know what to watch, where and when. I know what he does. Do you really study his magic? You have to watch it many times over and over to "get it". Then it becomes transparent.

Re-reading what I just wrote it doesn't sound so nice however I was trying to give some tips actually sorry Smile
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
This is availble on MagicStream (well, The Number 13 is).

With the rest to follow eventually.

Dave
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Number 13 is one of my favorites. I kind of hate it's on magic stream. It's a killer fooler. I hope most people will overlook it like they do most of Dani's stuff.

Madison
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2017, Maxyedid wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, jamo425 wrote:

I have almost, if not all, of his material already.

Despite knowing a lot of dani's work and what to look out for.. he still fooled the crap out of me (of course). I was literally laughing out loud at some of the effects here just because of how utterly amazing it is to watch.

I am surprised by this comments. I have most of Dani's works (not all) and can state that I can't get fooled by his stuff anymore... At least on video... I already know what to watch, where and when. I know what he does. Do you really study his magic? You have to watch it many times over and over to "get it". Then it becomes transparent.

Re-reading what I just wrote it doesn't sound so nice however I was trying to give some tips actually sorry Smile

No worries, sorry to hear his stuff doesn't fool you anymore. Though I find it a bit hard to believe that you know exactly what he's doing all every time. Spotting certain techniques, sure.. his d***le, or "t*p ch***e", f**ces, and certain controls are one thing.. But knowing the setup, when he's using a st**k, or when he's using a gaff? Not to mention know what the plot of the effect is and where it's going?

Of course if I watch his performances a couple times over, I can see what he's doing. But watching a performance of a new routine for the first time, yes, many times he does fool me. I have no shame in saying that. Especially since I am not trying to catch what he's doing when I watch his performances for the first time. I find it more enjoyable this way, to watch a performance without analyzing everything.

I welcome anything or anyone that can fool me these days. It's kind of unfortunate that the more you learn, the less you get fooled. Being fooled is inspiring, and is part of why I(and many others) got into magic in the first place. So I never look at being fooled as a bad thing.

In case you were wondering, what I own of his and what I've studied..
Utopia, Reloaded, Chaos, Chaos and order, Mirage, his first Penguin/ first ATT lecture, various downloads, and of course this.
dstrung
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of dstrung
Hey,
Hope someone can help. I've purchased this product and lots of great takes on familiar areas. I'm a little confused by 2 areas which hopefully someone can shed some light on. In Danis first trick with the 4 piles revealing 10's on each pile, Dani allows the spectator to the right of the camera to move a card from one pile to another.... This is not explained in the how part of the dvd and is the part that caught my attention before buying. Seems strange to make such a huge move and not explain it on the how to.. Also in the 13 trick what if the 2 cards given do not help , for example 2 and then a 3 and then the next two cards are also a 2 and then another 3 adding up to 10. This rarity is not explained and makes the trick difficult to perform before having no out for this outcome. hope no spoilers here and hope someone can shed some light
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2017, MadisonH wrote:

Madison

Dani is a genius, I totally agree. His style is very close, although at times way bolder, to Juan's one.
Awesome stuff every time.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Eluzion
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Eluzion
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2017, dstrung wrote:
Hey,
Hope someone can help. I've purchased this product and lots of great takes on familiar areas. I'm a little confused by 2 areas which hopefully someone can shed some light on. In Danis first trick with the 4 piles revealing 10's on each pile, Dani allows the spectator to the right of the camera to move a card from one pile to another.... This is not explained in the how part of the dvd and is the part that caught my attention before buying. Seems strange to make such a huge move and not explain it on the how to.. Also in the 13 trick what if the 2 cards given do not help , for example 2 and then a 3 and then the next two cards are also a 2 and then another 3 adding up to 10. This rarity is not explained and makes the trick difficult to perform before having no out for this outcome. hope no spoilers here and hope someone can shed some light

I had the exact same questions. I don't agree with other posters here saying that everything is very well explained. I'm familiar with Dani's material (Utopia, Reloaded, Penguin Lives, etc.) and he usually does a decent job at explaining. But in Inside the Vault, I found myself left in the void at some times.

Please anyone PM me if you think that you can help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DANI DAORTIZ - Inside The Vault (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL