The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 351: Wild, Wild Fielding West (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
This episode #351 kicks off the next 350 podcasts with a most delightful chat with one of Las Vegas' longest and hardest working pro, Fielding West. This podcast was delayed for a few weeks because our discussion covered a most prestigious award that he was to receive at this year's Academy of Magical Arts award banquet. So, during this past weekend (April 2, 2017) Fielding was presented the "Performing Fellowship" on stage by his long time friend, Lance Burton. Fielding has been presented many awards and accolades over the years but this was perhaps the height of any other accomplishment and meant so much to him.

During this chat (over cocktails in Fielding's home), he talks a lot about working in Las Vegas and shares a multitude of stories about celebrities both in and out of the magical field. He has lots of advice and we share loads of laughs over several martinis. This episode runs just over one hour and 45 minutes and I thought about breaking up the podcast into two episodes. But I felt it would suffer if we broke it up, so it is delivered intact. But I would like to hear from you, the listener, to know if you think this is too long or was I right to leave it as one podcast. You can leave a comment here or drop me an email at scott@themagicwordpodcast.com and let me have your thoughts on how I'm doing.

You can watch a video I recorded in Fielding's home, see some photos, read the blog, listen to the podcast online, and download the MP3 file at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/scot......ing-west

We also welcome three more people into the hallowed hall of fame (Friends of The Magic Word): Phil Ackerly, Geno Munari, and Jonathan Hsu. Thanks guys, for your support and commitment to keeping this podcast on the cyber waves.

Be sure to enter our new contest sponsored by H&R Magic Books. They are offering two copies of volumes 2, 3, 4, and 5 from the Nick Trost "Subtle Card Creations" series leading up to the release of the sixth book in the series. You can enter the contest on the blog through the same URL above.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 351: Wild, Wild Fielding West (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL