The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Is this a marketed effect? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nirtynirt
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of nirtynirt
Hello everyone I was watching a video on YouTube of a magician named Daniel Fernandez the first half of the performance I understand how he did, but the second half of the performance he told Ryan Reynolds to think of a card and he pulled the predicted card out of his pocket is it a marketed effect? If not can you learn that effect from a book and if so what book.

(Video for Reference) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrsA8LzrEoo
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Dear Nirty...There is no such thing as a "marketed effect". No effects can be learned from a book dvd, or person.

The EFFECT is what the spectator(s) perceive(s) when the magician performs a trick.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
nirtynirt
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of nirtynirt
OK let me rephrase my question. Is there a method one can learn that give you the same effect as in the video?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'm sure that there is! However, although I'm a retired professional performer (70 years)and have known many world class cardicians, I'm not one.

Several "forums" down there are two card forums. I would suggest that you ask there, if you don't get a response from someone here.

Have you checked in at the New Arrivals? I'm sure that someone there also, will help you.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hi nirtynirt,
Welcome to the Café.

So I don't know anything about you, so I will assume nothing. That said, you will find many people here who are very open to sharing with you what they know about practicing magic. And I say "practicing" with reverence, as there are many seasoned and talented professionals...and amateurs...who will share their live's learnings here at no charge. That is a wealth of knowledge given to you at no expense, thanks to this forum and those who contribute.

But if someone comes here for the sole reason of obtaining the secret of one effect he or she has seen on YouTube, or anywhere for that matter...please move on and look elsewhere. This isn't the place for you. If you are seeking the secret of a singular effect that you saw that blew your mind, and you have to learn it to show to your friends...there are better places than this to find what you are looking for.

Come here when you are ready to learn about magic. There are a lot of experienced folks...like Mr. Oslund...who will give you sage advice to guide you forward if you really care about magic. If you only care about a single trick...that's all you'll be.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
"13 Steps to Mentalism" by Tony Corinda.
nirtynirt
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of nirtynirt
Thank you jimgerrish. very helpful and for that I will add a like to you response
anatuncay
View Profile
New user
Texas
13 Posts

Profile of anatuncay
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2017, nirtynirt wrote:
Hello everyone I was watching a video on YouTube of a magician named Daniel Fernandez the first half of the performance I understand how he did, but the second half of the performance he told Ryan Reynolds to think of a card and he pulled the predicted card out of his pocket is it a marketed effect? If not can you learn that effect from a book and if so what book.

cool, I loved the video
anatuncay
View Profile
New user
Texas
13 Posts

Profile of anatuncay
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2017, nirtynirt wrote:

thank you so much for posting it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Is this a marketed effect? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL