The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Card on Ribbon by Mickael Chatlain (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mickael
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Mickael
Jean Luc ...
Good idea !! It's possible Smile

Mickael Chatelain
www.gimickmagic.com
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Thanks Michael !
I am in !

Quote:
On Apr 27, 2017, Mickael wrote:
Jean Luc ...
Good idea !! It's possible Smile

Mickael Chatelain
www.gimickmagic.com
Pointyskull
View Profile
New user
Chicago IL
20 Posts

Profile of Pointyskull
Ordered! Cannot wait - this looks wondeful...
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
It does look extremely clean - and from this thread the creator reports that the cards are standard (apart from the hole), spectator's shoelace can be used and the promo video states the card case is fully examinable - it certainly is intriguing as to what the gimmick is!

Awaiting the first reviews!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Love the looks of this! Very nice Mickeal!!!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I love Mickaels effects and genius mind but it would appear just on speculation that you could achieve this as I have many times by having any card picked signed and controlled to the bottom of the deck . You cleanly put the cards in the box and trap the selected card in between the flap when closing . As you push the lace etc through you marginally glide the selection unseen allowing the lace to go right through all the other cards and then push the selected card back flush and continue as Mickael does . It's the same effect to a lay man with a fully examinable box but I hope Mickael has taken it a step further as he normally makes wonderful gimmicks regards Tarik 😊
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
I love Mickaels effects and genius mind but it would appear just on speculation that you could achieve this as I have many times by having any card picked signed and controlled to the bottom of the deck . You cleanly put the cards in the box and trap the selected card in between the flap when closing . As you push the lace etc through you marginally glide the selection unseen allowing the lace to go right through all the other cards and then push the selected card back flush and continue as Mickael does . It's the same effect to a lay man with a fully examinable box but I hope Mickael has taken it a step further as he normally makes wonderful gimmicks regards Tarik 😊

Yes but Mickaels version looks so much cleaner as he does nothing with the flap when the deck is inserted and shows both sides of the box after the ribbon is inserted.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree RNK so can't wait to see the difference but I will be amazed if the card is not on the bottom so it must be an examinable gimmicked box or a slightly longer box and you just put a step in it ie a tiny piece of card that holds the force card up slightly ? Well that's how I can think off the top of my head that would make it work Smile regards Tarik 🙂
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Interesting this is being shipped "flat-pack" by Penguin, which implies it does not come supplied with the full deck? But in the description is does say comes complete with cards
Pointyskull
View Profile
New user
Chicago IL
20 Posts

Profile of Pointyskull
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2017, Bill08 wrote:
Interesting this is being shipped "flat-pack" by Penguin, which implies it does not come supplied with the full deck? But in the description is does say comes complete with cards

Received mine from Penguin today. Full deck, ribbon, gimmick, etc. Shipped in a padded envelope.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2017, Pointyskull wrote:
Quote:

Received mine from Penguin today. Full deck, ribbon, gimmick, etc. Shipped in a padded envelope.

And??
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Yes, what are your first impressions etc?
Pointyskull
View Profile
New user
Chicago IL
20 Posts

Profile of Pointyskull
Initial impressions are high. The gimmick is pretty clever, and after trying it a few times seems to work as advertised.
I was fooled by Mickael's video performance, and I don't see that anyone I do it for should not feel the same.

One can argue the cost (not me, but I'm sure some will) - but you get everything you need, and if you choose to give the cards out or have them signed, etc you can easily replace with your own hole-punched cards.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:

Perhaps they take out the cards, make a few piles and 'dismantle' the card box (as in make it flat) so it doesn't exceed a certain height restriction?

I'm currently awaiting some more reviews before buying it ... this trick seems almost too good to be true (not saying Mickael is false advertising in any way!) Smile

By the way thanks for the review Pointyskull Smile I don't mind paying 34 USD for an ordinary, perhaps easy to make yourself, gimmick, it's the secret we're buying.
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
I bought this flat pack from penguin....
By the video looks it comes with a full deck.
Still didn't receive... but I'll write my opinion after I will get it.
Last chatelain product (visions) is quite impressive so my expectation on this one are quite high.
Mickael
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Mickael
It's sure !
You receive a Full deck + ribbon + gimmick + english instruction in video !

:-)

Mickael Chatelain
www.gimickmagic.com
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Looks like Penguin corrected the listing - no longer says flat-pack
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
The method used is very diabolical and straigtforward .

You will do it very easily as seen on the video demo using the clever gimmick created by Mr Chatelain.

No complicated handling .
The gimmick does the job for you.
The principle of the basic gimmick is not new .
It is the way Mr Chatelain set the gimmick that is original and makes the trick easy and clean.

You could also use a spectator's shoelace.
And you may use the deck for another trick right after if you do not mind holes in the cards...

Great addition to my arsenal !
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
A few thoughts in the form of common questions and their answers:

1) Is the demo video fair or misleading? The demo video is very fair (even down to showing the 2 weakest, 'discrepant' points that magicians may pick up on and could have been edited out - but what you see is exactly what you get)

2) Do I already have this in another incarnation? Extremely unlikely - I was pleasantly surprised that the gimmick was not what I was imagining and had not come across this before

3) Are the cards / card box / ribbon regular? Yes, apart from the holes in the cards, as mentioned above a shoelace could be used instead of ribbon (although be aware of getting into 'too perfect theory' territory!)

4) I use Phoenix cards - could I make one in that brand? Yes, once you know the secret this could be made up in other brands that magicians use (with a little arts and crafts and a few bits that you may already have)

5) How clean is it? The spectator can pick any card (whether from the deck or by naming it). The card box can be shown inside before and after the trick. With the ribbon in / out the card box can be rotated 360 degrees. The ribbon can be examined (and even knotted once inserted). The card can be signed and given away.

6) Can I do it surrounded? Not really- you don't want anybody behind you at a couple of points

7) Is it repeatable? I'm a strong believer that even a very clean trick shouldn't be repeated (there may be a very few exceptions) - I don't think this one should be repeated.

(I've tried to be fair and honest, while avoiding exposure)
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Let me add another three to the above:

8) Are any sleights needed? No card sleights needed - there are 3 points in the trick where the handling will need to be practiced (it isn't at all difficult, just practice for smoothness)

9) If you lost it would you buy it again? I wouldn't need to - see (4) - I could buy everything (including cards) for under £5 [of course, it would take my time to make]

10) How good is the instructional video? Excellent - each step is gone through clearly, carefully, in detail, nothing is rushed over.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Card on Ribbon by Mickael Chatlain (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL