The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking for ideas and suggestions. Please take a look (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I am doing some hospital work. And would love to do an effect using Band-Aids. If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I was trying to work on a Band-Aid transposition on the back of my hand just one idea but have not figured out a method yet.

Thanks Dave
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
For a laugh you can make an IPad appear, and bring out an eye pad. Or the old two pills glued on a small toy bed, and call them your "sleeping pills." You can do a multiplying band aid trick, or a small band aid on a tongue depressor for a paddle trick.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Maybe you could do the ole 'Jack and Jill finger trick' using a Band-Aid on your fingers.

Tom
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
A Show By Joe's eye pad idea made me think of this. Get a miniature doll house sized stool. Put it into a paper bag. As you pull it out you can say, "I was required to bring a stool sample with me today."
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
"Band-aid" is a brand name for a bandage. It is really the name of the company's product, not the item. I advise use to use "bandages" instead of "Band-aid." In the past people used to say I will "Xerox it" because that was the brand name for a copy machine. It took time to correct it, now people say "I will copy it." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band-Aid

Use a bandage container to pull out your props. If you can do passes for the sponge balls effects, use bandages instead. You will be able to make a bandage go hand to hand. You will able to put one in your hand and in the spectator's hand, next make both appear in the spectator's hand. You can rub one on top of a table, next pull it out from the bottom of a table. Plus many more routines.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I think a great funny ending to any routine with bandages would be to produce a string of them taped end-to-end. A little paint thinner will work to get rid of the "stick-um" so they don't clump up.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Maybe bandage your finger w/ bandaids and do a thimble routine..... as a matter of fact,
I may work on that..... makes more sense than a thimble
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
Danny, I love that idea!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Use the patients as much as possible - We did one for a 'basket case" group(no limbs) I would lay the 20th centry silk on a belly or shoulder - do the vanish and "you know" it appeard. Anyway they can help is GREATLY appreciated. Good Luck -Blesings. Ralph(russo)Rousseau
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
1. Six Card Repeat with bandages or a different related medical item printed on blank cards.

2. Two Card Monte with bandages printed on one of the cards.

3. Professor's Nightmare explaining the ropes are bandages, two were the wrong size.

4. The Paddle Trick having a bandage on one side.

5. I forgot the name of a certain trick. It is at the tip of my tongue. You show a packet of cards with a rubber band around it. You turn the cards over and slide out the bottom card. The printing changes to something else. Well anyway have a medical related item printed on the card. You might want to use the back of your business cards so you can hand a card out as a take home item. It can help you get more calls.

6. Something flat and medical related in a Change bag.

7. Put a bandage on a blank card. That will be the top card of the deck for the DL.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Martin Lewis had a trick "Stampede Seconds" that might be changed to a Bandaid. Very visual.

I like MoonRazors idea, with some built in rigidity you might make "thimbles" out of differently colored Bandaids or Food service bandages. The wide variety of printed bandages might offer some patter ideas.

Suzanne did a great bandage trick on Penn and Teller "Fool Us" I don't think it is for sale but I'm sure you'd like to see it just out of interest. She brings out the caring aspect of bandages.

-Mary Mowder
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2017, Dynamike wrote:

5. I forgot the name of a certain trick. It is at the tip of my tongue. You show a packet of cards with a rubber band around it. You turn the cards over and slide out the bottom card. The printing changes to something else. Well anyway have a medical related item printed on the card. You might want to use the back of your business cards so you can hand a card out as a take home item. It can help you get more calls.

"Out To Lunch"
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Red hot mama with bandaid on the odd card.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Piano card trick with band aids.

you can also do jim steinmeyer's 'apples and oranges' with band aids.

essentially the same trick.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Jay Sankey has a card effect called Ouch!. I know it's on his L&L Videos. Knowing Jay Sankey it's also probably published in at least twenty other places as well. It's actually pretty cool. The general idea is that you tear a selected card in front of them, then rub it and a band aid appears on the card. You remove the band aid to show that the tear is gone.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
I did cover thimbles with bandages a long time ago and had the thimble return after pulling it off. Any thimble trick could work.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Take a look at Suzanne's lecture video for inspiration. She has a great band-aid routine.
KJ
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2017, Mary Mowder wrote:

Suzanne did a great bandage trick on Penn and Teller "Fool Us" I don't think it is for sale but I'm sure you'd like to see it just out of interest. She brings out the caring aspect of bandages.

-Mary Mowder

Called A Mother's love. Brilliant and so engaging!
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
VolunteerMagic
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of VolunteerMagic
If you have a band aid loose around your finger (maybe some prep work involved beforehand), you could do finger ring magic and have the band aid jump from finger to finger
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking for ideas and suggestions. Please take a look (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL