The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Memorandum by Woody Aragon (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1034 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On May 25, 2017, movemonkey wrote:people who cannot do 100% accurate faro shuffle can forget about this?

People whan can do 100% accurate and perfect faro shuffle all the time don't exist.
AntonF
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of AntonF
Quote:
On May 25, 2017, movemonkey wrote:
How many people who already use mnemonica will switch to this?
what are THE killer effects that worth you to learn this new stack?
people who cannot do 100% accurate faro shuffle can forget about this?

You do not need to switch to this deck. Inside the book there are great ideas that you can combine with your own stack, for example Siamese stack tricks. You can even go from Woodys deck to Mnemonica and viceversa, and best of all, forget about faro shuffle. You don't need it at all, as you do in mnemonica, or you can use antifaro shuffle.
[...] The passion culminates in the professional. He would rather play than eat. Winning is not his sole delight.[...] there is but one pleasure in life better than winning, that is, in making the hazard...
Drtriage
View Profile
Loyal user
My garden fence has
245 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2017, Waterloophai wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2017, movemonkey wrote:people who cannot do 100% accurate faro shuffle can forget about this?

People whan can do 100% accurate and perfect faro shuffle all the time don't exist.

But we can do minor corrections when required and do it right most of the time. (Eg the other day, I opened a new deck of Superior playing cards and straight away did 8 out faros to take it back to original order)
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1284 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
If someone were approaching A deck stack for the first time where would YOU send them?

Memorandum

Temporarily Out of Order?
I give away FREE playing cards & Magic each month!
Youtube @MagicOrthodoxy
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
762 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Between the two, probably TOOO. But if this is someone's first time ever with a mem deck, I'd point them to Mnemonica and also the works of Simon Aronson first.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1284 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Bound to Please BEFORE the other two?
I give away FREE playing cards & Magic each month!
Youtube @MagicOrthodoxy
One Inch Man
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of One Inch Man
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2017, DavidKenney wrote:
If someone were approaching A deck stack for the first time where would YOU send them?

Memorandum

Temporarily Out of Order?

I would send them to Simon Aronson's website to download his introduction to memorized deck magic 'Memories Are Made of This' (It's free!).

http://www.simonaronson.com/Memories%20A......This.pdf

As I mentioned elsewhere in a different thread the other day, it's an excellent overview of the general concept, and basic principles and possibilities of memorized deck magic.

In books terms, I would recommend Bound to Please and/or Mnemonica as your first port of call.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Memorandum by Woody Aragon (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL