The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfect Prediction Dice by Kreis (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
I love this thing. I like that use can use the gimmick by itself for walk around or chose up. The Perfect Dice vs Prediction dice is some small that I really don't see a need for the Perfect ones. I can not seem to put this down!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
This post is for all those who have ordered the Dice Tower (Crystal Twister Dice-Tower from Blackfire Entertainment).

Yesterday I received the Dice Tower package shipped from England. I had purchased it through eBay. Though a bit time consuming, it was easy to construct the Dice Tower with the help of YouTube video mentioned in one of my above post.

Based on my practical experience, please keep the following in mind while putting the numerous parts together.

1. Handle the various parts gently and with care. A slight extra pressure and the part is likely to break. I found that the so called Acrylic parts are quite fragile (like hard plastic). It's nice that the manufacturer has provided a few (three to be precise) extra pieces to replace in case a part breaks during handling/construction. You also need to be careful while removing the scratch protection film from each component - This is time consuming and a pain.

2. While putting the parts together be careful during locking of the parts in place.

3. In case a part breaks it can be easily repaired/restored with the help of Superglue.

You will have no problem in putting together the Tower if you follow the basic rule of 'Go slow and be gentle'.

Once the Dice Tower is constructed, it works like it should. The tumbling of the dice looks quite magical.

My 2 cents worth of advice. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Ustaad, which dice are you using with this?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On May 18, 2017, rowdymagi5 wrote:

Ustaad, which dice are you using with this?

I use the standard readily available 16mm die (both in opaque solid plastic (white) as well as in wood). I prefer the wooden ones as they look very organic and are very easy to gimmick. I make my own gimmick dice.

In case one want to make their own gimmick dice please keep in mind the following criteria when selecting a die for this purpose:-

1. Size - Cheap standard 16mm dice work best.

2. Shape - The die MUST have rounded edges and corners.

3. Weigh - The ideal weight should be around 40 Grams.

The following dice meets the above criteria:-

Plastic Dice - I purchased a set of 10 dice from Dollar Store. But they are also available HERE

Wooden Dice - I buy them cheap through eBay from HERE

Please note: The rounded corner palsic Dice are available in various colors (Red/Blue/Black/Green/Yellow/Ivory etc.); so you have a choice Smile - Check it out HERE

For making your own gimmick die, especially for this purpose, you might like to checkout the following two threads:-

THIS

&

THIS

Hope that answers your query and hope it helps! Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Thanks Ustaad, great information!
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Last week I saw a guy giving a person a large dice, she cupped her hands over the large dice, and the magician predicted the number, who sells the best one, it's for my adult and family close up routines, magicwalsh@gmail.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2017, wally wrote:
Last week I saw a guy giving a person a large dice, she cupped her hands over the large dice, and the magician predicted the number, who sells the best one, it's for my adult and family close up routines, magicwalsh@gmail.com

Promystic real die without question its sublime regards Tarik 🙂
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Anymore one dice predictions out there,
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hi Ustaad, I have a question for you or any one else. How do you handle when the dice are tumbling down the ladder and suddenly come to an abrupt stop due to the m****t.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2018, Steven Conner wrote:
Hi Ustaad, I have a question for you or any one else. How do you handle when the dice are tumbling down the ladder and suddenly come to an abrupt stop due to the m****t.

Best

Steve

I use the 16mm version of these dice so can't say for the 12mm version (the standard it comes with) it looks pretty good and natural.
I also own the Magic Wagon one and to me the dice both act natural.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfect Prediction Dice by Kreis (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL