The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Experience about Order by Outxxx-Effxxxx (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2445 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, LebanonCircle wrote:
To be honest I'm surprised that this thread has lasted this long without mysteriously being deleted! I agree with Reese though, the removal of such threads by Café mods is hypocritical and if anything it's also covering up and suppressing information that could potentially save other customers from the same experience.

I'm a retailer myself and I've never met or purchased anything from Rick so I'm unable to comment on his service although the customer service he provides has become an 'in' joke throughout the bizarre community globally.

My issue here is the silencing of any dissatisfied customers regarding Outlaw by the Café moderators. Like the logo says, it's Magicians Helping Magicians and your experiences, good or bad is the help we all require. It's not Magicians Covering Up for Magicians.

If someone had issue with Lebanon Circle and started a thread I'd take it on the chin, leave the thread alone and sort my s**t out.

If this thread gets axed I'll be leaving until they sort out their integrity issues.

Darkly

Dan

Well said, Dan! I agree with you that there should be a section to share experience. I, too, am waiting for a long-passed promise. It is always next week.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie

Check out my books written by Richard Grayson.

www.weepinwillie.org
bud.scott
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of bud.scott
I waited over a year and when I threatened to got to the Café and Facebook with it he offered me a choice of different product that he had in stock, I chose something of greater value than he owed and then sold it a a reduced price her on the Café to actually get my money back. I will buy outlaw stuff on the secondary market, but nothing direct. I have no idea how he even stays in business.
Dabbler in the Esoteric
ECSS I
ECSS II
ECSS III
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Special user
Fawn Grove, PA
912 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, bud.scott wrote:
I will buy outlaw stuff on the secondary market, but nothing direct. I have no idea how he even stays in business.

This seems to be becoming the common attitude. I wonder how long until there's no one willing to buy direct.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Boffo: http://tinyurl.com/jlb4mbf
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Why do you guys keep buying geeeeesh
Caveman
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Caveman
Quote:
On May 9, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
The interesting thing is, here in Spooky, BaBa was permanently banned for not delivering a (just 1) book to someone quick enough, yet Outlaw and Rick continuously do this.

The book was late, but it was delivered...Baba's no scam artist! Just an artist.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10555 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, LebanonCircle wrote:
To be honest I'm surprised that this thread has lasted this long without mysteriously being deleted!
Dan

I do not see any ads being paid for by OE on this site anymore. Thread remains? Nah, just a coincidence.

I recall about 10 years ago when I raised OE business practice issues being practically tarred and feathered by the community, and Pm'd harassed and cyber threatened by the "posse." Even well respected members told me I should lay off as I was overreacting. Some of them took about 5-6 years later to admit I was right and apologized. In the meantime, it soured my outlook on the Green Space itself. I come here still to check in as I know there are a few of you I am kindred spirits with, and still enjoy our discussions. I still believe Spooky to raise to the occasion when needed.

Baba was banned for not delivering ONE BOOK???? Really????? There has got to be more???? (Did he buy an ad? not that that would make any difference....)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Caveman
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Caveman
The book was delivered, just late. There was no more to it, aside from extreme prejudice on the Cafés part. Babas intentions were always in the right place, yet the Café opted to ban one who has worked very hard to share his wisdom.
OE has given me a similar run around in the past as well, although after daily hounding I finally got what I paid for. What is the agenda though, I don't see the logic?
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Special user
in special pants.
968 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
So why is Baba still banned. It does not seem very even handed. I doubt that there is a single person who would not want such a great mind (and by all account, such a nice guy) back here. Magicians helping magicians yeah?
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
545 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I don't know if he isn't in this form because he is still banned or if he doesn't have access to a computer or the Internet – I recall in the past that was an obstacle as well - either way it's a shame.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1727 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
And then there are the 30 or so creators who have all been burned in one way or another, who at the time were also lambasted. We knew of what we spoke.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
May be an independent consumer organization for magic/magicians could be founded? Its board could consist of selected experienced and respected members of the community. Such a forum could provide an independent signal of trustworthiness of magic dealers. Just brainstorming.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
12812 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On May 12, 2017, Lo Pan wrote:
I don't know if he isn't in this form because he is still banned or if he doesn't have access to a computer or the Internet – I recall in the past that was an obstacle as well - either way it's a shame.

It is because he is banned. BaBa posts on FB pretty regularly.
And even if the ban was lifted, why return to a place that treated him in this manner?
BTW, his banning resulted in many of the old cadre, who were regular contributors, to also leave.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4172 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I regret every frame of video ever made for OutLaw Effects.
Artists and their ideas were exploited.
Honest Magicians were deceived.
Props paid for months in advance and promises broken.

Usually when I speak on this topic it gets deleted...I hope it does not take the thread with it.
Hey how about those METS? rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10555 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Experience about Order by Outxxx-Effxxxx (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL