The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Triple C by Christian Engblom (195 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I think we can take it for a pinch of salt that he's full of BS.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Unless I'm missing something here, I wouldn't risk wasting 30 bucks by not reading the instructions and just playing with the deck... not knowing what damage I could be doing to the secret... and I've never met anyone who pays 30 bucks for a secret hidden in a deck, only to receive it and not read what the secret is..

and finally, why would you say that you'd hope others didn't buy it? like you know the method, and its so good that others buying it would diminish it's value.. that's the only reason why anyone the Café has ever said that sentence.. Because they know how good it is.. but you don't, you don't even know the secret.

oh and 3 posts. All on this thread.

I like salt
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On May 16, 2017, tomd wrote:
Unless I'm missing something here, I wouldn't risk wasting 30 bucks by not reading the instructions and just playing with the deck... not knowing what damage I could be doing to the secret... and I've never met anyone who pays 30 bucks for a secret hidden in a deck, only to receive it and not read what the secret is..

and finally, why would you say that you'd hope others didn't buy it? like you know the method, and its so good that others buying it would diminish it's value.. that's the only reason why anyone the Café has ever said that sentence.. Because they know how good it is.. but you don't, you don't even know the secret.

I like salt

I bought it and its great which is why I offered to buy anyone's for 50%. By the way, you are missing a lot.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On May 16, 2017, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2017, tomd wrote:

I like salt

I bought it and its great which is why I offered to buy anyone's for 50%. By the way, you are missing a lot.

Best

Steve

I'm glad you like it, I'd love to buy it and feel the same way. I won't buy it until I see some reviews though, and I'm sure you understand why Steve..

The closest we have gotten to a review in these 3 pages was from Cartomancer, and it was essentially a very well worded way of saying "I have bought the deck, and I've been attempting to find the secret without looking at the instructions, and I haven't found a thing!! amazing."

So excuse my initial salty response, I've been patiently waiting for someone to give some insight, and it seems 3 or 4 others have been as well.
Why do you like the deck so much Steve?
what are the drawbacks? limitations?
can this be performed hands off like the uncut demo on page 1, everytime? (This is what I care about most)

All the best
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
[quote]On May 16, 2017, tomd wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2017, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2017

I'm glad you like it, I'd love to buy it and feel the same way. I won't buy it until I see some reviews though, and I'm sure you understand why Steve..

The closest we have gotten to a review in these 3 pages was from Cartomancer, and it was essentially a very well worded way of saying "I have bought the deck, and I've been attempting to find the secret without looking at the instructions, and I haven't found a thing!! amazing."

So excuse my initial salty response, I've been patiently waiting for someone to give some insight, and it seems 3 or 4 others have been as well.
Why do you like the deck so much Steve?
what are the drawbacks? limitations?
can this be performed hands off like the uncut demo on page 1, everytime? (This is what I care about most)

All the best

Fair enough. Every great card man hss a few aces up his sleeve when it comes to his deck. I can only speak of myself, but this deck is so good I'm going to use it as my regular deck. First, its 100% examinable just as my regular deck. Secondly, its a bicycle deck, like what I use and handles very nicely. Thirdly, the deck will last as long as a store bought deck. The gimmick is extremely clever and would only need to be replaced if the whole deck wore out. No drawbacks or limitations other than a couple of hours of getting use to the deck. It didn't take me that long. Everything in the demo is accurate. This deck is so devious. Christian has released the real deal. A SD of any kind will not replace what this deck can do. Won't give away the secret but you have one of the strongest endorsements from Jason England whom I know well.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Christian Engblom
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Christian Engblom
To Steven Conner,

Thank you for the positive feedback. It really means a lot to me.

I'll be very candid... I NEVER wanted to release this...and I did keep it for myself for almost 25 years.

You see, I felt like a parent, who never wants their child to grow up and move out.
I have been selfish, I admit it, but in my defence, this deck has been my "go-to-secret" whenever I wanted other Magicians to experience the emotion of wonder and impossibility.
Don't get me wrong, CCC is perfect for your real-life audiences as well, it's just that it was perfect for "audiences-in-the-know" too.

Now that I have finally released it, my greatest wish is for he Fraternity to enjoy it, appreciate it and to treat it with respect (ie no Youtube explanations).
These are things all parents hope for their children, as they go into the world.

Friends, please take good care of my baby.
-A Loving Father
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Ordered yesterday and looking forward to performing this.
martinwhynot
View Profile
New user
Shrewsbury, UK
30 Posts

Profile of martinwhynot
Christian,

My copy arrived yesterday and I, like others, studied the deck supplied and failed to spot the 'thing'. I have emailed you a tip that makes the work much quicker - for me at least. The difference was I'm now DELIGHTED with my purchase rather than selling it off quickly. When you get the email I hope you understand what I mean!

This is a very promising deck that simply won't be found by someone looking at the deck. It can be used as a normal deck too so you could use the secret around your current sets if you give it just the tiniest amount of thought.

If you like the demos of Christian performing with this deck and you want a great way of controlling a card(s) this is definitely worthy of everyone's consideration.

Regards,

Martinwhynot
Carderrez
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, Texas
188 Posts

Profile of Carderrez
CCC is a master's trade secret and now I know it. The fact that such a well crafted specialized deck is provided is a fringe benefit. Thank you Christian. I promise to be a good uncle nebulous to the grave and beholden. I also want to add, even knowing what the gimmick is - when I first opened my deck I examined it. I could not detect it until after I played around with it for about ten minutes. Then it clicked.
Carderrez
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, Texas
188 Posts

Profile of Carderrez
Two hours ago I began learning to use this deck. I was beginning to think either the deck was defective or impossible to master. I was wrong on both counts. It took me the last two hours of trial and error to get beyond what seemed like futility and then all the sudden there it was the selected card appearing as if by magic, and then again, and again. I am going to be putting time into this one. I can see its going to be way too much fun to work and play with once using the gaff becomes second nature. There are self-working aspects to Triple-C, but it is not a self-working deck. Discipline and practice are a must if you are going to enjoy performing with this deck.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Wow, that's a great demo...was wondering if deck can be shuffled, apparently so!
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
I've ordered, looking forward to this.. and I'll review it for others when it arrives
Christian Engblom
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Hi Martinwhynot (I can feel Dani in the air...😄),
Did you send it to my current email ? Because it hasn't arrived yet.
My current email is foolingmi@gmail.com

Looking forward to it!
Christian Engblom
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

To Carderrez,

Thank you. CCC needs a lot of dedicated "Uncles". 😄
And, I am glad you stuck with it and got the work down.
You will have a blast with it, I am sure.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Is anyone else having problems watching the instructional videos - I have reasonably quick internet (just did a quick test and it's currently 40Mbps) but the video's won't stream for me and there doesn't appear to be a download option.
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Quote:
On May 18, 2017, Nick Wait wrote:
Is anyone else having problems watching the instructional videos - I have reasonably quick internet (just did a quick test and it's currently 40Mbps) but the video's won't stream for me and there doesn't appear to be a download option.

Yes, I am. They were working fine earlier today but now they won't load. I've tried on 3 different devices and 4 different wi-fi services. I've had lots of coffee at Cafés with free wi-fi Smile
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
Carderrez
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, Texas
188 Posts

Profile of Carderrez
I had some trouble, but it was due to pending Windows updates. Once the updates were completed I was able to view. Do you have any pending updates? If not hitting the [CTRL] key and Refresh together and see if that shakes it lose. Otherwise you may need to clear your browser cache. Sometimes in an attempt to speed things up the browser will save a corrupt version of the stream and prevent you from downloading a fresh one on subsequent clicks of the link. If you do not know how to clear your cache. Do a search for clearing the cache on your flavor of browser.

If using a smart device make sure your browser and OS are current.

Servers can also have limiter on how many live connections a file can have and if that number is exceeded you may just have to come back and try again later. This is not as common, but it could be the issue too.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I pressed the buy button here:
http://www.worldmagicshop.com/triple-c-b......lom-red/
Now - I´m looking forward to explore the possibilities with this deck of cards.
Cardmagic is fun...
I may publish a small review here after testing the deck out.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Just checking since I ordered from penguin, are the online instructions linked with my penguin account or do I have to wait for my order to arrive to get the link?
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I ordered, too, and there is no link in my Penguin account. I presume the link will be with the deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Triple C by Christian Engblom (195 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL