The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BALLER by JT ***Make Sponge Balls Great Again*** (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
This looks really nice!!!
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
Saw this performed at the Session back in January and can vouch that this looks even better in person. It's such a great idea!
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Will anyone in the UK be stocking?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
How durable is this? While the trailer looks great, at $34.95 for one, I hope it's durable.

Also, maybe I missed it, but is this something which you add to your own spongeballs? I don't see color options, or color even mentioned, so I'm not sure if the only option is red, and we're supposed to presume that since the only thing seen in the trailer is red spongeballs, or if it's a gimmick to which you add your own spongeballs.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Looks good. Will be waiting more info and review.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I thought it seemed on the expensive side, especially with shipping to the UK, but... I use sponge balls at nearly every gig and was impressed by the visuals, so pushed the button (impulse buy which is against normal buying habits - yes, calculated gamble based on increased visuals to an already brilliant close up trick - also yes).

The downloads kept getting stuck after about 4mb (which will hopefully get sorted), but I did watch the streaming version of the instructions. You get a very basic routine, a balls across routine which looks great and a balls through glass routine.

JT recommends that if you are new to sponge ball magic, to "throw away" the gimmick until you have learnt the basic sleight of hand - wise words. If you are not competent with sleight of hand, this is probably not the product for you. For those who have the basic skills, this should really add to the routine you already do (and allow you to do the balls across/through glass etc.).

I don't really want to go into the gimmick details as it would not be fair on the creator/on E, but I hope that the gimmick comes with matching balls for colour (or color!) consistency. The balls used look like they're around 2".

If the gimmick works in real life and is durable, then this will be a definite step forward for what is one of the most powerful close up props you can use in the trenches.

Once I get it, I'll post a review if real world feedback hasn't already been posted.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
You are correct Puggo - It's 4 2" inch red sponge balls, and the gimmick. Made by Goshman so you know the quality.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Thanks Christopher.

PS - the download worked fine from the email link.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
It's probably still propagating through some of the download servers. It starts in CA and moves out from there. It should be all good soon, though, worldwide.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
I haven't ever really even tried to look into the sponge balls.... seeing this is making think I need to research more into it and possibly look at getting this... I'll take the advice mentioned above "JT recommends that if you are new to sponge ball magic, to "throw away" the gimmick until you have learnt the basic sleight of hand - wise words."
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Sponge balls always get a big reaction. Frustratingly so, I feel. I showed my simple sponge ball routine (which I learned on Inside Magic I believe) to my wife 4 years or so ago and she still talks about it to this day. All the mind reading, hypnosis, cups and balls, classic card tricks, etc. that I've done, that's the one she still giggles about.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Sounds good and interesting.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, mayhem wrote:
I haven't ever really even tried to look into the sponge balls.... seeing this is making think I need to research more into it and possibly look at getting this... I'll take the advice mentioned above "JT recommends that if you are new to sponge ball magic, to "throw away" the gimmick until you have learnt the basic sleight of hand - wise words."

Not everyone performs with them, but there are pros I've heard of who don't particularly like them, but use them or that stopped using them, but had to bring them back.. (e.g. Eugene Burger).
Learn the basics of sponge ball magic and apart from having a strong trick, you can use napkins, paper money etc...

This is not the download to learn sponges from, there are many sources such as Daryl, Pat Page and more, that will set you up for life.
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
I bet this would look really great in conjunction with these;) http://www.bizzaromatic.com/#ccsb
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I hate sponge balls, if I never see another routine again I'll be happy and yet that looks so good I'm tempted to buy. That ball through window is so nice. Well done. Hopefully the reviews are good.
JayTChal
View Profile
New user
Athens, Greece
24 Posts

Profile of JayTChal
Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your interest and kind words on Baller. Just thought I'd jump in here and answer some questions.

First of all, I stand by my statement. If you're new on sponge balls, this probably is not for you yet. Get the time to get to know the prop, learn all the basics and when you're comfortable with what you know move on to gimmicks. Basically, buy the gimmick only when you FEEL you don't need it to get a good reaction. Smile

On to the gimmicks. I've made all of the gimmicks just like I made mine - and it has lasted for over a year. If you use the tips I give you in the instructions you'll have that gimmick kicking and ready to rock for years. If however your gimmick DOES get damaged somehow, I am here to help. The best part about being the creator of the effect and the creator of the gimmick is that you can contact me so we can fix your gimmick together.

About other colours, I believe that if the product is well received, Ellusionist will agree to produce more colours. I know many of you use other colours and I'm sorry, but we agreed to go with red as it is the most popular.

I hope this post cleared some things up. Again, thank you all for your kind words and please feel free to contact me with any questions. I'll pop back up here soon!

Oh and yes, they do come with matching regular sponge balls. I'd never leave you like that. Smile

JT
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It looks great BUT...devil's advocate....even in the trailer the pretty girls yell when they open their hands not when the gimmick is used. Still does look good
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, Xcath1 wrote:
It looks great BUT...devil's advocate....even in the trailer the pretty girls yell when they open their hands not when the gimmick is used. Still does look good

Anything that happens in the spectators hands, always gets better reactions!

Sleepy
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Wow, this looks interesting. I always have sponge balls with me. I just do a simple transpo with 2 balls into a spectator's hands - and it always gets the best reactions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BALLER by JT ***Make Sponge Balls Great Again*** (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL