The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Great Commission (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

firenmagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, Alabama
92 Posts

Profile of firenmagic
Hey folks-

Other than a T&R rope or paper heart. What are some other effects that would work with a pastor's Great Commission message?

Thanks!
AC
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2649 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
For me to answer, would need more information. Helpful information could include: Your performing context? One trick? Part of an overall church service? Is this an Acts 1:8 missionary message/appeal? An ordination service? Or a general encouragement to a pastor/Acts 28:19 message? For kids? In Sunday School? Part of an overall Gospel magic program? Backing up/before a pastor presenting a message on missions or evangelism?

I once did a Acts 1:8 emphasis using "Dukes Die Version". The three silks placed into the tube involved a discussion on how we need to reach our Jerusalem (local), Judea (state) and Samaria (our country). Then the final long production from the tube was a long silk flags streamer of many nations I obtained to represent "the ends of the earth".

You could also use a regular long streamer as well if you don't have a multi-flag production set or streamer for the finale.

Dukes Die Version from Abbott's Magic on its own is very expensive- but you could make up less expensive versions of it using the same principle from silk items and gimmick purchased from Abbotts or other sources including www.LaflinMagicStore.com or www.silkmagictricks.com. Or use a simple production tube such as a "Massal tube".

Dukes Dye Version itself is very simple to do, www.AbbottMagic.com sells the instructions separately for it if need be for $4.00.
Russo
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Russo
Durning my morning devothions , an idea came to me, like to share; Zechariah 8:4 - Take an action figure(Ken of Barbie ??)-Make 2 tube dresses with slits for the arms- 1- Bright White with Gold trim -tight at the neck so it wont slide down/ 2nd, dirty -loose at the neck so it would slide down/off - Dirty robe on OVER the WHITE robe - Arms thru slits raised in worship- Dirty robe held at neck by fingers so wont slide down -yet..When sliding, arms to go down- For the Zach. verse just slide Diry robe off WHITE robe- For Blood verses -use a Red(blood) Cloth(napkin-handkerchief-etc)--WIPE Dirty robe off White robe with dirty robe hidden in Reds folds - This could be more of an demonstration insted of a Magic Effect-- or - could be used magically. What do you thinl??? Ralph
firenmagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, Alabama
92 Posts

Profile of firenmagic
FANtastic Russo!

Thank you!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Great Commission (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL