The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Can you put "exposure" in the bank? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Meriden, CT
404 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Anyway, since it's on topic, here's a blog post I wrote once about being asked to work for free (this was as a balloon twister, but you get the idea)... http://www.matttheballoonman.com/news/an-unusual-post
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18611 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 22, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
Danny, two posts above you say. “Having a different point of view is ok”

I laughed out loud when I read that. I really did.

Ok, I will leave you with this thought, that is two pros just this month that have said,
“it’s just not worth the hassle to post here.”

And you right I should stop pointing it out, It's very clear to all now.

Tom

MY GOD you are pathetically predictable. You say you will leave us with this thought, and then you post after that. How can we miss you when you won't go away?

STOP TELLING EVERYONE ELSE HOW TO POST! If it is against the rules we will be banned. Just stop. YOU are the heart of the problem every time.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8330 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On May 22, 2017, TKD27 wrote:
I do have to add this: doing a TV spot is not nearly the same as working a gig for free. Obviously that is excellent exposure, but that's not what your video was about. The two aren't the same thing.

I absolutely agree. This was also not the original context provided and until he offered it much later. They are indeed two different things. Most TV spots are not paid and ARE solely for promotional purposes. Everything about these two issues are different and unrelated. This is where generalities mislead people. Thanks for clarifying this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Can you put "exposure" in the bank? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL