The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EVANESCE by Mike Liu (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I love the idea of this, but alas, it just doesn't fit my style.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Might look at this. Could get away with wearing it some days. It would be nice to have a version sleek enough to fit neatly under a buttoned up long sleeve shirt cuff so it remained covered. Wonder if that would be possible. Or perhaps wear a short sleeve shirt and a sports jacket with it hidden under the sports jacket sleeve so it remained out of sight.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Takeachance - You can use this under a jacket with or without sleeves. In many ways it is safer and better than sleeving. You could also transfer the gimmick part to a different band of your choice. The video classes are worth the price even without the gimmick. It reverts to sleeving technique on a crash course. Hope this helps.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
It does, greatly appreciate the insight into this StarManager, as that is what I was hoping possible with this.
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
I just love vanishe's utilities, but unfortunitly this is was out of my style to use. Smile
rkp
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of rkp
StarManager, before I push the button, I had one other question. Is the gimmick built to last? Any on-going maintenance required or to be aware of?
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On May 28, 2017, rkp wrote:
StarManager, before I push the button, I had one other question. Is the gimmick built to last? Any on-going maintenance required or to be aware of?

This has no moving parts and is built solidly. I cannot see any way it would wear or break. Anything that did could be fixed with a drop of superglue. No issue here. I hope this helps.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On May 27, 2017, 350zTT wrote:
I got mine in today....what can I say....I love it! To be honest, at first when I saw the simplicity of it, I thought meh! Once you start messing around with it then you see how strong this thing is. For me, because I have smaller wrists, I will definitely be tweaking mine. I wore mine out tonight and no one was none the wiser but this fits my style to a T. I wear lots of bracelets and big watches so it is not out of place at all, however, obviously this isn't going to fit everyone's style or taste. But if it does, you will have a killer utility at your disposal. I for one will be wearing it all the time even when not performing (only a hobbyist), just because I like the look of it!

I feel Vindicated! I feel exactly the same way and I love this! Glad you do too!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I have made contact with Mike Liu who is the inventor of this product. He was kind enough to share the attached photos with me showing the prototypes which are on a thinner bracelet. The width id determined by your hand and wrist size and by Dollars or Halves that you will be using. The bigger both are the wider the band needs to be. You can cut his gimmick out of the supplied band and put into any band you like with superglue. Wanted to share this with all here.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Photo 1 Prototype - not what you get:

Click here to view attached image.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Photo 2 Prototype - not what you get:

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I believe this type of watch band would work for smaller or younger guys and gals. Transfer the guts from the supplied band to something like this.

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Or this: (search google for watch large leather cuff)

mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Why I was wondering... Can you hide the gimmick in the sleeves if they are rolled up ? Just like in this picture ?
http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2017/05/3......5362.jpg
If it's possible and if you can produce/vanish/exchange things under this condition, then, I will buy it.
To be honest, several months ago, I tried to conceal a reel with a strap under my sleeves (rolled up) but the outcome wasn't that good, so I didn't insist.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
You can hide under your sleeve rolled up BUT I do not believe it will be very useful. First there would be a bulge. It is large. Second the distance to ditch and retrieve is farther than intended and you'd have to be very good and lucky to make this work. Not advised.

You CAN use this with jacket sleeves.
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
Took the plunge. StarManager is also StarSalesperson Smile Now looking forward to getting it and to practice...
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On May 30, 2017, m.o.pfeil wrote:
Took the plunge. StarManager is also StarSalesperson Smile Now looking forward to getting it and to practice...

I'm happy you took the plunge! I thank you for the "sales" title but I don't get a dime here. I just think this item is worth it for close up guys and especially coin workers!
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On May 30, 2017, StarManager wrote:
Quote:

I'm happy you took the plunge! I thank you for the "sales" title but I don't get a dime here. I just think this item is worth it for close up guys and especially coin workers!

Well, maybe magic dealers should pay you for what you're doing !

Anyway, I trust you, but I will try to contact Mike Liu, and ask him if he can make something for me. I can pay more if it works. Like I said, I have attempted some experimentation for making little objects vanish (and being retrievable) given the following condition : rolled up sleeves while wearing nothing on my wrist. It was a waste of time. And I gave up entirely.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Mh1001 Thanks! I'll keep my day job! PM me your email and I will get it to Mike and have him contact you.
dr_catman
View Profile
New user
Singapore
74 Posts

Profile of dr_catman
Quote:
On May 30, 2017, StarManager wrote:
Quote:

I'm tempted to opt in aswell on the strong recommendations and clarifications. Will let you know how it goes. One question? They mention vanish bills?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EVANESCE by Mike Liu (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL