The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Selling our magic tricks? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
djaztek87
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of djaztek87
Hello everyone!

I'm new here so I was wondering if there is a place here where we can post magic tricks we don't use anymore and would like to sell?

Thanks in advance everyone! Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4890 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
This has been asked dozens of times. Every new user wants to get into the transaction forum. We have a forum titled "when dining with us". This is where all of our rules and guidelines are explained. It is also a forum which you agreed to read when you registered on the Café. In any event, to answer your question, we do have forums specifically for buying, selling and trading unwanted items. However you must have 50 good posts in order to gain access to those areas.
Where the magic begins
djaztek87
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of djaztek87
Ok so.. I can't sell my tricks if I don't have 50 posts? Ah well.. that suck Smile lol
Well... thanks for the answer... I think I'll have to stick with ebay hehe
Station10
View Profile
New user
Indiana
94 Posts

Profile of Station10
Apparently he doesn't want to invest the time it takes to make 50 posts.
John Gilmore

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

My individual incentive to contribute to the Forum is now almost
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, Station10 wrote:
Apparently he doesn't want to invest the time it takes to make 50 posts.


I've been trying for 7 years...
I am... I was.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On May 23, 2017, djaztek87 wrote:
Ok so.. I can't sell my tricks if I don't have 50 posts? Ah well.. that suck Smile lol
Well... thanks for the answer... I think I'll have to stick with ebay hehe


Why exactly does that "suck?"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13057 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2017, djaztek87 wrote:
Ok so.. I can't sell my tricks if I don't have 50 posts? Ah well.. that suck Smile lol
Well... thanks for the answer... I think I'll have to stick with ebay hehe


Why exactly does that "suck?"


Is sucks because we would have to put up with him for 50 posts before he tried to sell us his crap and profit off the community.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Haha, true insight
djaztek87
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of djaztek87
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2017, djaztek87 wrote:
Ok so.. I can't sell my tricks if I don't have 50 posts? Ah well.. that suck Smile lol
Well... thanks for the answer... I think I'll have to stick with ebay hehe


Why exactly does that "suck?"

Because I thought there was a section were anyone could just put their trick to sell and that's it. I did not join to "chat with the community" so.. having to get 50 posts to sell, that suck.
Quote:
On May 25, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2017, djaztek87 wrote:
Ok so.. I can't sell my tricks if I don't have 50 posts? Ah well.. that suck Smile lol
Well... thanks for the answer... I think I'll have to stick with ebay hehe


Why exactly does that "suck?"


Is sucks because we would have to put up with him for 50 posts before he tried to sell us his crap and profit off the community.

Wow! How can you say things like that without knowing anything about my tricks? my CRAP?? lol! They are all tricks that cost 300$+ and most of them are tricks by ProMystic, JAM's magic and things like that. ProMystic and JAM's magic are CRAP?? Well.. you don't know what your're talking about man!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4890 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Just the kind of person we want here. LOL
Where the magic begins
Boomer
View Profile
Veteran user
San Ramon, CA
394 Posts

Profile of Boomer
@djaztek87, there's are multiple Facebook groups to sell magic props.

Surplus Magic Exchange, SME Talk Magic and others.

Since you don't want to be a part of this community, I'd suggest you go that route.


Dave
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7194 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, djaztek87 wrote:

Because I thought there was a section were anyone could just put their trick to sell and that's it. I did not join to "chat with the community" so.. having to get 50 posts to sell, that suck.


Quoting from this pinned thread, in the "When Dining With Us... (Please Read)" area:

Pinned thread titled... "Magic Transactions (Please Read)"

Quote:
Steve Brooks:

...As of late, I have seen an influx of new members joining The Café just to use this area. They do not contribute valuable information, yet take advantage of the benefits we offer our members.

Because of this, we have implemented a new policy (5/30/03) for this trading area.

Like The Banquet Room, members must have made at least 50 legitimate posts before they can access the Let's make a magic deal! forums.

Further, new members who surf through our forums posting useless information to achieve this goal will have their posts deleted, and risk the chance of losing all future posting privledges.

Given the large volume of visitors to The Café each day, and the quality that these members have come to expect, we think this is a fair policy...


There's your explanation.

Also, you should know that posts in certain parts of the Café don't count towards the 50 post count.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

My individual incentive to contribute to the Forum is now almost
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
He's no longer with us...
I am... I was.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7194 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
But the thread is still here for others to read and learn from. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

My individual incentive to contribute to the Forum is now almost
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On May 27, 2017, Donald Dunphy wrote:
But the thread is still here for others to read and learn from. Smile

- Donald



There are several like threads in this section that would disagree with you...
I am... I was.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7194 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Yet, those other threads are further down the page, or possibly on other pages.

This thread is the one that's currently at the top of the list, so more visible to others right now.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

My individual incentive to contribute to the Forum is now almost
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Since they don't pay attention to what they agree to when they join, there is no way they are going to look for the answers in existing threads.

Instead they will create a new one.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat...
I am... I was.
Boomer
View Profile
Veteran user
San Ramon, CA
394 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Brian,

I still don't understand how you have 0 posts. Because you only post in threads that don't increase your count?

After 7 years, I find the truly magical! (No, I'm not trolling, I was actually being serious for once).


Dave
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I guess some do not get the concept of community...or rules. I agree with Dave 100%.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

My individual incentive to contribute to the Forum is now almost
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On May 27, 2017, Boomer wrote:
Brian,

I still don't understand how you have 0 posts. Because you only post in threads that don't increase your count?

After 7 years, I find the truly magical! (No, I'm not trolling, I was actually being serious for once).


Dave


Actually, I have several posts in areas where post count... counts. Magic is supposed to be mysterious Smile
I am... I was.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Selling our magic tricks? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL